Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010

So...Happy New Year! I'm so glad to have met you all...

I'm starting 2010 weighing in at 257.5 lbs on my home scale...the one that has been at 280+ for the past year at least...280 lbs when I went for my surgery consult, and 277 when I started my pre-op diet after being sick to death with bronchitis for the past two weeks...I'm counting it as a 22.5 loss so far! I've been banded for  exactly ten days, today! This means I met my goal of being 258 on January 1! This was the lowest weight I have been for two and a half years - since I moved out of my fabulous apartment in Soho and started working at a series of long hour desk jobs, moving 4 times, being completely depressed and unhappy...which turned around completely, as I found a great apartment, met and moved in with BF, and have become a weight-losing machine!

I've been mulling over a post for a while, but it isn't coming out...I will work on it and put it up soon. I'll hint that my word of 2010 is FOLLOW-THROUGH. My resolution isn't to diet...finally;)!

Here's what I had yesterday, after my horrid day of pain and stuckness...there was no PB, just what I described. Woke up feeling better, esp. after a session with the heating pad, but still not 100%. Had a little drinkable yogurt and a pudding cup in the morning, some mashed potatoes and farmer cheese - curdy, not cheesy - for lunch, and a mashed up chicken meatball and half a potato for dinner. To celebrate 2010, I had half a mashed banana, and about a 1/3 of a cup of ice cream - chocolate chip cookie dough!

Today, I had a drinkable yogurt when I woke up. I wasn't feeling stuck, but definitely tight, and the idea of eating didn't appeal. I hear this often happens in the morning, which is a shame, because I love breakfast! But I can have it for supper, I suppose! After a big mug of hot mint tea and an episode of Nip/Tuck - I am obsessed! - I was ready for a version of Heuvos Rancheros - a bit of black bean soup, pureed, with a poached egg, a little slice of chevre, a dollop of non-fat yogurt, a bit of farmer cheese, and a teaspoon of guacamole...I skipped the pepper jack that BF had, as I am now scared of cheesy-guoey cheese!

I think I'll be going out tonight for the first time post band. I plan on ordering a soup, and having a bit of that, and some mashed potatoes or polenta for my main...and definitely a glass of wine!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing results in such a short time.. you will certainly be an NYU superstar without a doubt. I love that you are being such a gourmand-- it seems like the joy of eating is still there when you decide to put something in your mouth. That is my goal: to have small portions and make them really count (when I am allowed to eat again.) Just 2 more days/ 3 more sleeps until band day for me-- I cannot wait to get over that hump... enjoy being out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the stuck food!! You're probably a bit swollen now which is tough because no you won't feel like eating. Its a bit of a circle situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you night out went smoothly and that the soup went down that way as well! Have a happy new year Yana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohooo that weight is going to fall off you girl. keep up the good work and you are off to a great start. I agree that when you get so little that making the most of flavor is the way to go!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are having great success so far! Keep it up and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete