I weighed in today at 258, up .5 pounds from my lowest weight post-op. Not gonna stress it, but gonna try to stay under 260 lbs until my first fill, January 20th. I'll have to readjust my goals, but I want to be realistic, not disappointed.
I got in 30 minutes of walking today. Also, I realized that it is much easier to move around twenty pounds lighter. That was nice. I also am fitting into my clothes better. Have only retired a few things, but I was at a point where I hated buying clothes, so I squeezed into what I had or just wore a lot of the same things over and over...I'd offer them up, but honestly, they aren't worth it!
Glass of water - only water so far, must incorporate more!
Brekkie was 3/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese and a banana
Lunch was half a bowl of lentil soup, three falafel patties drizzeld with tehina sauce, three bites of kefta kebob, about 1/3 cup of hummus, a taste of a red pepper dip, a few bites of pita bread, and a little bit of salad. I was the most cautious on the last two, but had small chewed well bites.
So my lunch meal today, while it felt like a ton of food, was still a lot less than what I would usually eat. I would have had a whole pita with my whole soup, probably drunk a lot of water with it. I probably would have gotten a side of rice, and eaten another pita with my meal. The fact that I am not "low-carbing" but just eating the good stuff (protein) first, makes me so happy. And I really had no room for carbs besides the two bites of pita I nibbled on at the end of the meal. And oh yeah, I would have totally wanted a sugar drenched Middle Eastern dessert!
I was full, and on my home even a bit uncomfortable...not really painful, not like the feeling I had last week where I was salivating and heart pounding and esophageal pain, but maybe felt a little something around the band. I overdid it a bit, but not dangerously, I don't think.
I thought about cookies a lot. I stopped at several places and looked at them. Smelled them. Decided I didn't want them, even if they were in front of me, they'd be too much. Is that how a bandster feels?
I also walked for 30 minutes around my neighborhood to check out the three gym options.
I think I will join the Y, as they have no joining fee this month, and I liked it more than the NYSC or the independent gym. I have a few friends that are members, and I am gonna bug BF to join with me as well. It's only 30 dollars more, plus we get 20% off the whole thing with a membership he has to another organization. So for 80 bucks a month, we can both use a lovely facility.I like that they are a non profit. They are a little bit more crowded and a little less luxury in the locker room, but have a pool. Lots of classes, as well. The other gym is 6 blocks closer, but it's dark and dismal.
I also volunteered to make a truck cake for a friend's four year old. It's for this Saturday. I love the idea, but am not that experienced...Liz, I think I need some help! This is a cake that is shaped like a truck!


Yana, I am glad to hear you are doing good. I don't think I even started to lose weight until the end of week two. I did lose inches though and it sounds like you are too. Doesn't it feel great to start fitting into your clothes better!!
ReplyDeleteI checked out the Y by my house and was a little surprised at the cost. I wish they had the special yours does. The signup fee more than 2 months worth of dues. It would be worth if it had everything I wanted, but then I found out that almost all their classes had another additional cost and most of them were during the day. Instead I found out that they have classes at the high schools nearby. They also have a track and fitness rooms (nice from what I hear) for a montly fee - just like the Y for half the price. I never realized that the community did that. Also classes were mostly in the evening unlike the Y. I am thinking of starting there (especially since it is just a mile away). Once I know what I want I can shop around more. I hope you find something that works for you!
what is a truck cake? it sounds a little like you're having some bandster hell with hungry haunting you but wanting to be 'good'-- are you on total regualar diet yet? gotta go --husband is talking to me...
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great, don't sweat it. This is right about the time I started to feel more hungry, and it sucks! The good news is your fill is not that far away!
ReplyDelete*sigh* I sure wish I wasn't so wistful when I read what other people are eating! I am starting to wonder if maybe I misunderstood my docs rules...I am starving over here!
ReplyDeleteI am counting the days till my bandster hell is over (I think its the same day as you).
Here is a cook idea for a truck cake...
ReplyDeletehttp://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/semi.htm
Sounds like you are entering bandster hell, it really sucks, I won't lie. I will tell you that I had it really bad and called my doctor's office and talked them into giving me a fill at 4 weeks instead of 6. It's always worth a try...
Forgot to post this...I told my doctor's office "I can eat an entire 6" subway sub with no problems, please give me a fill" that is what worked for me...
ReplyDeleteand that was a cute idea..ok I will stop now..must be getting tired..
ReplyDeleteyou sound about where you should be at this stage of the game and Joining a gym is great! The cookie thing...well sometimes I do not want them. A few times now I have had cookies in my cupboard go bad and I had to throw them away (homemade peanut butter and chocolate chip). I still want desert the voices are just quieter and I am often too full to eat them.
ReplyDeleteYana, you're a couple weeks ahead of me and it's so helpful to read that you're eating real food! I'm on clear liquids right now and it's torture, even right after surgery. Sounds like you're doing great despite all the temptations in Bandster Hell. Hang in there and keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete