Friday, January 8, 2010

a NSV - I like to move!

Last night's snack was an Activia yogurt, instead of an orange, but I think that's ok!

It's cold outside, and snowy. I think I might get dressed and go for my walk anyway! I haven't joined the Y yet, because I am enjoying walking outside. I'll do it before the end of the month, to take advantage of the no-joining fee. I dress warmly and walk around on the streets in my neighborhood, a very cute area of Brooklyn. I love the new ease of walking that I am experiencing. Here's a NSV...for the past few years, I always looked for the easiest way to get home on public transportation, with the least amount of walking. Last night, when I finished my appointment with a client, I had several options to minimize my walking. Instead, I was leaning toward a 37 block walk home....I started on it, but it really was too cold, so I ended up taking a bus, but I did a good bit of extra walking besides my 30 minute requirement, and I loved it!

Today I am spending the day/evening baking that birthday cake! It's going to look like a semi-truck...hope it turns out, I'll take a picture and post it here! It's for a little boy named Ben who is having his 4th birthday tomorrow...he loves trucks! Now, I love yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting. It is one of my favorite things. Guess what Ben is getting? Chocolate cake with Vanilla frosting - why should I torture myself? I am sure I will have a bite or two, but why should I make something that I would be happy to eat half a box of?

In bad news, I am thinking of having Chinese food today...mmmmm...Chinese food!

This am, yogurt drink plus half a cup of 1% cottage cheese.

I'm also going to spend the day doing some more grocery shopping for fresh veggies, making an Indian lamb stew and some veggies dish and dessert, all gluten-free as baby brother is coming to a dinner tomorrow night...he's a celiac, so he can't have any wheat gluten or related products. I'll take photos and post them here, as well as on my new website venture, Gluten(takethisout)FreeBrooklyn.com.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a fantastic job all round!!! Just great - looking forward to seeing how that cake turned out!!

    ReplyDelete