Sunday, January 3, 2010

More eating...it doesn't stop!

This morning, another shake - although I feel like I could eat, I want to keep the calories low and the protein high!


Then I scrambled one egg with two tablespoons of cottage cheese and served it over the other half of my baked sweet potato from last night. I ate half of it in the morning, and just ate the other half now at 5 pm.


Between, BF and I visited some friends who laid out cheese and crackers, and made turkey burgers for lunch. I nibbled on some thin shaves of cheese, had a few bites of a "cracker" that actually melts in your mouth, so there is no chewing or swallowing...they are 15 calories each for a large cracker the size of a pita bread - I had two little bite size pieces. I also ate half a small turkey burger with plenty of HP sauce and ketchup to make it moist, and some well steamed broccoli that I chewed to death.


I had a pudding cup when I came home, and the rest of my sweet potato/egg combo...

I'm feeling very "eaty" today and am wondering if this is the beginning of bandster hell for me? I'm already eating some solid food today when I should technically still be on mushies for another few days - only some things that I could make into mushy food, like a turkey burger or a cooked veggie, and I chew it really well. I'm still eating very small portions, but I am worried, I'll admit...my first fill appointment is scheduled for January 20th, four weeks and one day after my surgery. I'll just have to keep eating small portions, chewing carefully, and start adding exercise to my routine. It's hard, cause it's super cold right now, but I think I might join the local YMCA, which is 12 blocks away and has a lot of classes and equipment. I wish I had something I could do at home, but our apartment is too small, and this is the closest and cheapest option!

6 pm   And then I had over half a cup of Ben and Jerry's - I'd had a few spoonfuls on New Year's Eve, and two more yesterday, but this was a lot more! I think it was about 3/4 of a cup...went down so very easily! I put it away, and will try to stay away from ice cream except as a planned treat. I understand and sympathize with BF when he asked me not to buy ice cream to have in the house and I still did it once in a while (like 3 times over the summer and fall). It really shouldn't be here, cause I will go for it and it slips down oh so easily!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that having something so tempting as B and J in the house is dangerous for me. I just couldn't stay out of it if I brought that home. You will find what works for you as your food options open up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, can't have Ice Cream in the house, as I would be in it all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fortunate-- I DO NOT care for Ice cream of all things.. don't get me wrong, I've eaten it, but I really like it with candy and cookies mixed in (Like Coldstone Creamery.)

    Bleh-- now I am "NPO" for the rest of the evening... so nothing to eat until post surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much of the ice cream eater, but I made sure all the really bad stuff was out of the house (gave it away or tossed it). Instead, while I was on mushies and soft food I bought some 100 calorie no sugar added ice cream sandwiches. It got rid of the sweet craving.

    Also cheese and whole grain crackers was actually recommended by my surgeon's office as a good mushie - as long as you kept to a small serving of crackers. When I got to softs they suggested tuna or chicken salad on crackers. Later it will be a no-no for me as they consider it a slider.

    I wrote a few general tips up on my blog about what I have been doing to fight off bandster hell, but if you discover some please let me know. It does get harder each day and I am hoping that I get some restriction soon, but it could still be awhile :(

    Just be careful about the exercising. I started too hard (doing all "approved" items) and got put on tough restrictions. I am hoping to be released on Tuesday when I get my second fill (at 6.5 weeks). I also heard something the other day about a new study showing that people who have weight loss surgery and start exercising too fast are prone to hernias.

    ReplyDelete