First of all, thank you all for your support and advice. As I read your comments throughout the day, I can definitely see where I have room for improvement, and I will write up a summary of my game plan. I write the following - the food/feelings etc. cause I am always curious about how others eat and to keep a record so I can go back and say...oh, that's what I was eating/feeling. So without further ado, my Monday:
6.30 am I woke up HUNGRY! probably because I did not eat much in the evening last night. so...one scrambled egg, 2 T grated jack cheese, one honey wheat English muffin 70 + 100 + 120 = 300 cal. tasty. bf was surprised I could get it down...which makes me think I am NOT "at restriction". I did eat slowly, and felt a tiny bit of tightness on my first bite, but nothing to make me want to stop.
9 am cheese stick = 100 cal
10.30 cup oatmeal (150 cal) with sliced banana (50 cal), nuts (1 Tb - 50 cal), and two packages of brown sugar 34 cal. probably made with milk 100 (cal.) delicious, warm, and filling. Just what I needed, I was cold and yucky feeling. But...not planned. And not a lot of protein, except the milk and nuts...and I don't know how much milk. I need to think of altenatives. Maybe some sugarfree oatmeal that I make with water? = 384 cal. I know Gen mentioned she has protein fortified oatmeal - I must investigate.
100 calories of ice tea, diluted into my drinking water for the day. 100 cal...need to just bring some caloree free stuff with me...no sense in wasting my calories on iced tea! Not necessary!
1 pm pineapple - small container from the deli = 74 cal yum...but maybe should have eaten this with my cheese stick or cottage cheese...sugar with no protein is a bad idea, right?
2.30 pm greek yogurt 110 calories + half special k cup from deli - 130 calories = 230 cal
seems like I have eaten most of my calories for the day...I still have farmer cheese and activia yogurt and cottage cheese and my beef short ribs, which I WILL eat. and mushroom barley soup...grrrrrr...how did that happen? it's only 2.47 pm. it's all healthy food...
I'm not hungry at all now, so I won't eat. It's almost three now, and I am thinking I will probably get hungry and have something around seven, cause I plan to work until 8, go to the gym, then head home, and I don't want to eat dinner at that hour. That is looking like it will be my routine for the week, with an earlier day once or twice - I'm trying to bill 50 hours a week.
Planned but saved for tomorrow:
1/3 pack farmer cheese
Activia yogurt
1/2 cup cottage cheese
mushroom barley soup
blood orange
tonight - a few chicken livers and a pudding or something. A few slices of Old Amsterdam cheese and 2 Wasa crisps.


The protein fortified oatmeal is called Weight Control oatmeal, it is in the little packets, about 150 cals each. But I find that if you have the time, steel cut oatmeal is much more filling and tasty. I add Beneprotein (flavorless protein), use 1.5 cups 1% milk for protein, and a few nuts. It fills me up for most of the day!
ReplyDeleteI have a suggestion - instead of a full breakfast when you get up, try a protein bar, then have your oatmeal later. That way you are under 200 or so calories early in the a.m, and with the oatmeal another 350 or so? So up to 550 cals by 1030 am. Have a 200 cal lunch, you are up to 750. That leaves you 500 cals for dinner, and you are at 1250 calories for the day! Success.
Do not waste calories on sugar or drinks. I use Splenda or the brown sugar-Splenda mixture (look for this - its good) in my oatmeal. And I drink only calorie-free drinks. I buy the Propel packets in different flavors and dump them in my water bottle.
The pineapple - would be a great choice with a cheese stick!
Have a great day (even if it is spent with a million documents!)