Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yay, what a day...

So yesterday I had another interview int he am that went very well. My interviewer is checking my references, but said as long as they check out, I would start on Monday, and the project would go 2-3 months, for 40-60 hours a week. I do get overtime, so don't feel bad for me! This will allow me to pay off some credit card debt and maybe save a bit of a buffer so I can spend more time on  my entrepreneurial ideas! Waiting to hear back, but very excited!

Then I headed up the Upper East Side. I had used a website called Salon Apprentice, where salon apprentices (licensed stylists who are doing an internship at a salon) find models to practice on. I found a woman who was an apprentice at the Mark Garrison, and she was fabulous! I figured such a prestigious salon would make sure I left looking good...well, lovely Keila spent 5.5 hours on me...she gave me a beautiful base color to cover my few greys, a great haircut, and tons of beautiful caramel colored highlights! I feel great! I've been trying to get this look for years and it kept turning into a disaster. And it only cost me 25 dollars for the color! Instead of the $500+ that it would've cost...and I had every colorist in the salon debating the best color and formula. She did an amazing job - it looks beautiful, rich, and natural. I'll post a pic soon.

Food:
Breakfast I was Activia yogurt plus plain greek yogurt with a teaspoon of preserves.
Breakfsat II was two scrambled eggs
:Lunch was a small (still pretty big, I think about two cups) lentil soup that had no dairy so I know there was no cream plus a v. small slice of french bread.
Then I met a friend for a drink...one vodka martini, a few olives, some zucchini "salad" - it was deep fried but at least not breaded, and some nibbles of Parmesan cheese! I was hungry and craving shrimp cocktail, which I thought was a healthy choice, so we repaired to McCormick and Schmidt's, where we discovered their late night Happy Hour bar menu, and ordered Spinach and Artichoke dip with Fried Pita Chips - had about 7 crackers and about two tablespoons, 3 oysters and 1 clam, from the raw bar - yum! I was scared I wouldn't be able to eat these with a band. I also had 3/4 of a small Ahi Tuna Cake, like a crab cake, and a handful of peel and eat shrimp with cocktail sauce. I had about half a white wine before the food came and gave away the rest. I drank some water after waiting a while, but not long enough, cause I felt weird and gurglely.

6 comments:

  1. GREAT news on the interview and the hair. Sounds like a really good day all around. Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job :) In my experience, paying off debt is a lot like losing weight-- once it's gone you do everything in your power for it to stay gone! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for the job action! :)

    I wonder if they have anything like that salon thing here in Hawaii..that is an amazing idea...never thought of that! I cannot wait to see pix, it sounds so sultry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Congrats on getting that work gig!

    Can't wait to see the hair.

    ReplyDelete