This am, I weighed in at 256.5, up .5 lbs from my lowest, weight ever, but considering all the salty Chinese food I had yesterday, I'll take it!
I started this journey at 280 lbs. This was not my highest weight ever, I just refused to weight myself at that point. But I was stable around 280 lbs when I first met with Dr. Kurrian on October 22.
I started my pre-op diet on December 8, at 277 lbs, because I had been sick with wicked bronchitis for the past three weeks. I still think of my starting weight as 280 lbs. I have some pictures I took at this point, but can't get them off my camera...it's in progress, cause I want to see a side by side as time goes on.
One surgery day, December 22, I weighed 264 lbs, a loss of 13 lbs during 14 days of painful, painful pre-op dieting. That has been the most difficult part of my lap band journey so far.
I did the following measurements on surgery day:
Neck 17.75
Boobs (don't remember if this was in a bra or not) 48.5
Under boobs 43
Waist 48
Hips 52.75
L thigh 30.25
R thigh 29.25
L calf 20
R calf 21
9 Days after surgery, I met my first goal, which was to be under 258 lbs...I was 257.5 on January 1, 2010.
Since then, I went onto mushies and real food. If definitely had a Bandster Hell experience, in that I have to be the one to control what I eat, not really depending on the band. However,
1. I take small bites, eat slowly, and chew well. I'm scared of hurting myself if I don't!
2. I've been counting calories for now, and trying to keep in the ballpark of 1200-1400 calories per day. With a few exceptions, but even those, because of number 1, are not that bad! Nothing like my gorging and binging pre-band!
Since January 1, I've pretty much stayed around the same weight...My lowest weigh in was 256 lbs, which was great. It went up to 258.5 for a day or two, but mostly stayed in between. I have a feeling I am safely at 256.5 or less now, but we'll see. This is still a tiny loss, which is great, and at my one week post-op appointment, my Dr. told me that a quarter of her patients gain, a quarter lose, and half just stay the same. I think my small loss puts me into that top quarter of the class, which is great.
I took my measurements today, 4 weeks later. Here's how they compare:
Neck 17.75 15.5 -2.25
Boobs (bra?) 48.5 (bra) 45 -3.5
Under boobs 43 41 -2
Waist 48 45 -3
Hips 52.75 51 -1.75
L thigh 30.25 28.5 -1.75
R thigh 29.25 28 -1.25
L calf 20 18.5 -1.5
R calf 21 19 -2
I've lost a total of 20 INCHES!!! That is huge. See my last page for how my clothes are fitting all over again. I managed to squeeze into a pair of size 16W pants! They aren't fit for public wear yet, but I got them closed!
OK, off to my first day of work. Cause it is my first day, I'm not bringing lunch, etc., but I will bring a cheese stick, a protein shake, and a small handful of cranberries and pecans.


Mazel Tov!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job... you are doing so well. You should be SO PROUD!
Congrats on all the inches!! I haven't even tried on 18s let alone 18s yet so I applaude you for being able get them on! I need to go through my closet soon since I know I am wearing my clothes way too big :) Now that it has been 4 weeks you are probably getting close to your first fill and closer to getting great restriction!
ReplyDeleteGreat summary of your first four weeks. V and I are at two weeks today, so reading this is like a peek into the future. ;) Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Yana! Best of luck with your new job!
ReplyDeleteThat is great!
ReplyDeleteExcellent!!!! Happy Bandiversary, and way to go on those measurments! When the scale does not move, it helps to whip out the measuring tape!
ReplyDelete