Thursday, January 14, 2010
Job secured!
Oh happy day!
Here is my new hair...we have hideous pink tile in our bathroom...we rent!
I went to the grocery store today to stock up on meals to make for next week...I'm giving myself a $20 per week allowance for treats like Starbucks or an occasional snack (that fits into my eating plan!) Other than that, I plan on bringing my meals and snacks to work...
And there's more good news - one of my buddies is working there too, so I'll have some very amusing company! And someone I can trust - these projects can be a bit vicious and competitive based on people wanting to get promoted or kept on longer, etc. I've also met some great folks, but you never know...
Tonight I am headed out to dinner and a drink with two girlfriends. One is a BFF and knows all about the band, and is super supportive. She visited me when I was recovering from surgery with her delicious bebe and made me blended soup...she's a doll. The other is a frenemy...she always makes me feel bad about myself, and is always subtlety superior and snide...she does not know about the band!
We're going to an Israeli restaurant first that specializes in hummus and salads, so as long as I stay away from too much pita, I will be ok. And I think I will skip the drink after dinner, cause I felt weird when I drank 20 minutes after eating last night.
Food today: 1 cup lowfat yogurt and an Activia yogurt - left about 1/4 cup.
Everything bagel, totally scooped out with very light cream cheese
1/2 a protein bar
1 bite each potato, spinach, and potato and mushroom filled pastries
1 60 calorie sugarfree yogurt.
I will try to get some more protein in at dinner!!! And a bunch of water!
Oh...and here is the not so good news. My ticker says 256.5, but I have been up to 258, plus or minus .5 lbs for quite a while now...I'm not changing it, dammit, but I wish I would get back down! I think drinking more water would make a real difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yea Yana! I can't see your picture though and I'm dying to see your hair.
ReplyDeleteI've got your box of clothes about half full- I need to wash some things and I'll get it out hopefully Saturday.
Congrats! Can't wait to see the picture. I have been up too and also refuse to move my ticker. I keep gaining and losing the same 2lbs and it is getting old! I hope the extra water works for you. If I drink anymore I just might float away :) I am hoping our bodies are just adjusting to all the losing we have done so far and they should moving down soon!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSigh - no pic.. where did it go? lol. Doing well on the food side of things... keep it up.. and more important.. have fun tonight!!
ReplyDeleteI agree on the Ticker Tape. I too have been battling the same ole few lbs up & down, so I refuse to change it! And I won't change it to a lower # until I feel I am stabilized there!
ReplyDeleteBut you are doing great on the weight loss!! Don't let that Frenemy make you feel down on yourself!! Also, it sounds like you shouldn't tell her about the Surgery either!!
YAY! Great news! You need to put the pic up again!
ReplyDeleteExcellent news on the job, but I still want to see the hair! Good idea on the drinking more water. Hang in there with the ticker agony - sounds like it's not unusual around here.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job girl!!
ReplyDeleteI can't see the picture either but congrats on your honesty and your job!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job, go you!!
ReplyDelete