So, yesterday was not a great day with the eating. I have to remember two things: I ate SOOOO much better than I would have in the same situation before I had a band and that it was not a regular day.
I finished cooking my Indian feast and ate a few slivers of cheese (100 cal.), as I was getting hungry. I should have had a protein shake.
We went to BF's sisters place, where I had a little green salad with a few cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices, light oil and lemon. (75 calories) Then I ate a spice tuna roll, no roe - one of my faves! 290 calories. I would've eaten at least two whole rolls.
Then...the bagels...I resisted for a while. I started with the salad and the sushi roll...but the bagel was calling to me! I removed ALL of the inside, and was basically eating bagel skin ( everything) spread with Country Crock...Let's say 200 calories. Sub- optimal, but oh well...
Then the child's birthday party...One half of a really good pizza slice (200 cal.), 1.5 small slices of fruit tart with custard (350 cal. ??) and fruit...3 sips of red wine. Transformers cake was a big success, and pics are to come!
Dinner party. One glass of red wine, little bit of everything on the menu, a healthy portion, although it was less than everyone else...ate it slowly and although I wanted seconds, once I had it on my plate, i only took two nibbles and left the rest...Not sure of what the calorie count was, though. It was a little more fat than I have been using in the past week, but a lot less than an Indian restaurant! Then two Mallowmar cookies with my tea a little later. (100 calories) Everyone else had full bowls and seconds, and some even went for thirds!
I think, all in all, my calories were under 2000 per day...at my weight, this is still a calorie deficiency, so I shouldn't loose weight from it, but still lose, albeit slower. This is soooooo much less than what I would have put away on an equivalent day two months ago!
I'm just thinking...I would have had a triple potion of breakfast, eaten a bunch of cheese, had an extra sushi roll, eaten the whole bagel and maybe another half, had two slices of pizza, a piece of chocolate cake, a few cookies, as well as the tart, three times as much Indian food at dinner, probably served some fatty appetizer and eaten plenty, made a sugary Indian dessert (I just served some sliced oranges and I did put out the Mallowmars, which were left over from making the truck birthday cake - I thought it was best eaten by my guests rather than stayed in my kitchen! Two last night is better than the whole box over the next few days!) and had a bunch more wine! And I wouldn't have thought it was a "bad" eating day!


I am reading a whole lot of positives in this post so good for you. This is a difficult time and it is hard to hold back, but sounds like you did great. Also, getting the bad stuff out of your house any way possible is very smart idea!
ReplyDeleteGlad you realized you have made progress in your eating instead of beating yourself up about what you did eat. I try to keep myself grounded when I don't do PERFECTLY by remembering I am still doing better than before! Good job lady!
ReplyDeleteProgress, not perfection (to quote the Jenny Craig program.) Just keep learning and eventually it will all come together-- you will get used to less food and expect to eat less. The band will help you with that once your fills get going... hang in there!
ReplyDeleteVanessa
Sounds like you are doing great! Once you get to good restriction, you'll be able to stop calorie counting (something I always hated doing) and just make healthy food choices and go by when you feel full. Will be so much easier.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that you're doing so well! We need to do another bandster brunch in the next few weeks! :)
Catherine
Sounds like you did really well Yana. Congrats
ReplyDeleteYour doing Great! Just noticing the difference between before and what you eat now is a huge bit of progress! Rome wasn't built in a day and this band stuff is gradual. You are in the worst part of it you know...you know its in there, you are ready for it to be working but it just isn't yet. That fill will come and things will keep getting better!
ReplyDeleteI noticed the same thing this weekend - my eating post-band but pre-restriction is still sooooo much better than it ever was before.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on new, healthier habits!