9 am - greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of Special K Red Berry 250 cal.
should have drunk a bottle of water, but didn't...will start drinking now! (that is, 50 minutes after I ate)
10 am cheese stick 100 calories
1 pm steamed shrimp and veggies from Chinese take out, lunch portion. garlic sauce on the side, maybe three tablespoons, tops. About 1/2 c. brown rice. Very full and satisfied. 80 +50 + 100+100 (3 ounces shrimp, cup and a half of veggies, mostly snow peas, bamboo shoots, water chesnuts, bok choy, brocolli with a few slivers of carrots, sauce, rice) 330 calories for a very filling lunch, high in fiber!
So today we come to 2 pm, and Ihave only had 680 calories.
3pm 60 calorie pudding
4.30 1.5 cup popcorn microwave. unplanned
6 pm 1/4 slice pound cake (forced upon me by my co-worker - not really. She saw me eyeing it, offered it up, and after much protest I happily complied)...I see a pattern here in my afternoon of snacking! Me thinks there is insufficient protein! A chocolate protein shake would have been good in here! Must go get some more and bring them in to work. I am doing fabulously with water today, however, and am a few sips away from my 64 ounce requirement - that's 8 X 8 ounces! calories unknown - I looked it up online and it said 120-168 - seems awefully low to me! but that would make it 40 calories in the worse case scenario.
I had been planning to have some some dairy protein before zumba class at 7.30, but I did not! And that was a mistake. The class was fine, it was straight salsa, but I got a little sweat. I was surprised I could keep up, but I could, just fine! Tomorrow back to the treadmill OR a bellydance class with my cousin.
However, I was famished after class, which makes sense, cause it was 8.40 pm and I had three ounces of protein around 1 pm. I'm glad I identified this issue and can take steps to address it by having more protein and less snacks and skipping the Subway sandwich I had after I left the gym! I did the same as Saturday, scoop the bread, toasted, no mayo - 300 calories. But then I added a little bag of cool ranch chips for another 270 calories! To guild the lily, I will have a 130 calorie Jello cheesecake snack that I've been promising myself all day.
However, I am currently roasting chicken and veggies for tomorrow and will hard boil eggs as well.
And then I ate 1/4 of a roasted breast and a small baked potato...
Am exhausted and a little sore and want to curl up with Nip/Tuck and then go to sleep!


Wow...what a day. Sounds like you are really working on improving your eating. Well done
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Yana. You'll get there-- sounds like you definitely are not in the green zone that they talk about-- and once you get there, this will be so much less of a struggle for you!! I look forward to it too. I am so happy for you that you are working at it in the interim even though it can be SO HARD!!
ReplyDeletelots of love to you!!!
Nice! Sounds like a big improvement! It's great that you are thinking in this planful way and noticing where you need to make little tweaks.
ReplyDelete