For the NY ladies, I hope you know about ReDress, a plus sized vintage and resale store! They will buy your stuff and they have nice stuff to sell. Some is new, some is old, but it's in great condition and well curated. The one thing is that while I love to go there, I make sure not to say things like "I'm losing weight so I need new stuff" or that I had weight loss surgery, as the lovely staff seem to be very much into the fat acceptance movement and I am a little scared that they wouldn't "approve". Not that I need their approval, but I have no need to make retail therapy stressful, so I just skip it.
I bought a lovely, brand new, with tags Abbey Z suit in a...wait for it...size 14W!!! It's def. a plus size 14, the fabric has some give, and while it fits ok, it'll fit much better in a month or two, which is fine, as it's quite light weight and I wouldn't want to wear it right now. I think April will be ideal! I was really looking for more work pants for right NOW, which would be an 18W, maybe some 16Ws, but there were none to be had.
They did have some lovely suits, but no others that fit me...I tried on a Tahari 18W suit that was gorgeous, and only $46, but the previous owner had hemmed it WAAY too short. Too bad. The Tahrari 14 not W did not fit me at all, so I left it there...so sad!
I told BF - his name is Eric, which is much easier, I suppose! - So I told Eric I wanted to see a shrink, to see if it would fit into my/our budget. He is def. supportive but offered to listen and talk about any problems I am having himself. Which is so sweet, but sometimes I am not as 100% honest with him as I am with all of you! I will talk to him about getting stuck or PB'ing cause he has a band, but I don't want to talk to him about weird eating! I think I want him to think that I have more self control than I do.
2 wasa crackers and cheese, 2 hard boiled eggs and a dab of mayo
10 small boiled shrimp
5 chicken and shrimp dumplings, fried
1 cup white rice, white meat chicken, peppers and onions stir fried, not gloppy chinese style
cheese stick and Jello cheesecake cup
lamb chop, small potato, roasted broccoli


wow! grat job with your food today... wish I could say the same... oopsie!
ReplyDeleteAm not in counselling now- cost is too prohibitive, but I have been in and out for years and it always, always helps. And looking back on it, yeah, an objective person to help me sort out some of the stuff that came up around food etc when I couldn't eat as much in the early days after surgery would have been great. It's a good idea.
ReplyDeleteAwww shucks. I wanna go to that store!
Thanks for stopping in and following. I have a lot of reading to catch up on here...GREAT blog! Can't wait to read more Yana!
ReplyDelete