Exercise Challenge - I have completed it!
I've logged my daily exercise over the last few entries! I did a min of 30 minutes every day this week! This makes two weeks of daily workday exercise!!! Yay!!!
Sooooo. Friday. My day of pleasure and relaxing...it was a good day.
I woke up a little late with a headache. I had two drinks the night before, but I drink so little these days, they really hit me in the hangover way, but not in the fun and tipsy way...which makes me wonder why drink them...? Will have to consider!
Got into work after nibbling on an Activia light yogurt, a string cheese, and a garlic cracker.
Canceled the excursion to Chick-Fil-A cause I was running late. It is now postponed to next week. Instead, I had a delicious sandwich! A whole grain roll, hollowed out and toasted, with honey mustard, turkey, roasted peppers, and three little slices of brie cheese! And a 100 cal. bag of Pop! chips.
I finished working early, at 4 pm, and headed to the gym, where I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, including a few little stints of running. Not officially doing C25K, but an approximation in preparation! Then I bolted down 2/3 of a Greek yogurt and 2/3 of a banana, cause I wanted some protein after the workout, and I didn't want to get hungry and make poor food choices! Then I hightailed it over to the spa - a 15 minute walk.
My deep tissue massage was bliss! It was 90 minutes long, and such a good idea! I would love to be able to reward myself with this more often, but my budget does not allow! He told me about a few stretches to do, like how to stretch the front of my calves! (Sit on your feet and lean back - like on your knees, with your feet stretched out under your butt.) He also found all these little pockets of lactic acid and pushed them out. I think (and I may be projecting) that when fatso (that's me, 26 lbs down, but still to the outside world, a fatso, especially in NYC) came in and told him she was sore from exercising he was thinking, Yeah, right! But then as he began massaging me, he would hit areas that he could tell were sore, and he seemed a bit surprised when he said, "Yes, that gets sore from exercising". So that felt kinda good.
ALSO, an NSV - first time in a LONG time I didn't have to tuck my hands under me so my arms stayed on the table....I was comfortable on the table!
After some time chilling out in their spa area - they have all these pools, steam room, and sauna, I decided to skip the hot tubs - didn't feel like getting into a bathing suit (it was co-ed - if it had been single sex and nekkid I probably would have gone!) but I did sit in the amazing sauna for a while in my huge robe - I asked for a big one when I checked in, cause I didn't want to fiddle with it - and it was huge and lovely. I kinda wanted to take it home, but I was a good girl - I headed home in a cab! A planned treat so as not to cancel out the bliss of the spa by an aggravating subway trip - not that it usually is, but sometimes - and I had a heavy backpack with workout clothes and sneakers (I leave them at work during the week) and some books from work.
I was going to order Chinese food, as another planned treat, but as I called from the cab, my favorite place was closed for renovations, so I decided the gods were telling me something! Eric was home when I got home, and had cleaned the kitchen and just put a chicken to roast in the oven with butternut squash! I was starving though, so I made some mini spring rolls from the the freezer - 300 cal. with dipping sauce - and some morning star buffalo wings - 200 cal.
I also had a little piece of white meat and a piece of squash when it was done in an hour, and half of a Weigh Watcher's cookie dough ice cream cup - not so good! And half a glass of milk to get the taste out of my mouth! Was up a pound this am, but I am beginning to see that is how it will go. Down, then back up, then down, then back up, and eventually there will be a new low numbers and the down will become the new up.


its funny isnt it that before the band the scale up and down thing was probably the same but now with the band we can figure that out...I would never give up the band for anything but I wish I could have worked that scale thing out a long time ago.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the exercise....it is a great feeling isn't it and that massage sounds like heaven
ReplyDeleteHey, well done on the exercise front!! You really seem to have that nutted out. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteExcellent on the exercise, and WONDERFUL spa experience! You deserve it!
ReplyDelete