Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Came Early

2 small portions chicken chili with black beans.
few nibbles of parm cheese
0% Greek yogurt with a big teaspoon of strawberry preserves
Sandwich of toasted whole grain bread, butter, thin-sliced onion and sea salt
polenta with butter and parm cheese
little polenta with a banana and a bit of agave nectar
few nibbles of Parm cheese

Valentine's dinner:
Seared scallops topped with flesh of blood orange, duck bacon bits, chopped almonds and fresh chives over a salad of mizuna greens, dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, lemon rind and blood orange rind with quick sauteed snap peas in a lemon butter white wine sauce.
Ossobucco over chive polenta topped with gremolata, served with steamed asparagus dressed with a bit of good olive oil and chopped almonds.
Chocolate covered strawberries.
Delicious wine.
And this!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace!! I am having my dinner tonight and will be going with the scallops as well! Can't wait!


    http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you the chef for that lovely meal? Wow!!!
    You may have missed your calling...
    Happy V-Day and enjoy the fabu necklace.
    I heart Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace! I got something from Tiffany's too, but Rick isn't telling me until it gets here(probably Tuesday):(
    Dinner sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Gorgeous menu and what a lovely necklace - love the stone... so pretty. My husband got me a Tiffany bracelet a few months ago - now I'm angling for something else from them lol. Nice going :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you describe food so well and what a great necklace...someone loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I thought it was going to be a ring! Beautiful necklace! And thanks for the Food Porn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Vanessa. You've missed you calling. That sounded like something you'd see on the menu in a five star restaurant. I didn't get to see the pic of the necklace, it didn't load. Glad you had a happy Valentintes day.

    ReplyDelete