I have a question about boozing at the end of this post, so please do check in - I want feedback!
I felt like I ate a lot last night, and compared to the rest of the week, I did. Still, the scale said 244 lbs this am, so I think I'm still in good shape.
Today was definitely a lot more eating, but I don't think it was bad eating...I made a nice omelet for breakfast, with spinach, leeks, tomatoes and some goat cheese. I used three eggs and a dash of cream, and a little pat of butter to cook it in - served 1/3 to me, and 2/3 to Eric, and ate the whole thing.
Then I made a lentil soup, roasted some veggies, and cooked a pot of chili, so I had to have a little bowl of chili, and then I had a second one. By little bowl, I mean each serving was probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup.
I wanted sweet, so I had strawberry yogurt - I probably overdid it, and this is not the best yogurt for me. I mean, it's delicious, it's the Trader Joe's Organic Lowfat Strawberry, but it comes in a 4 cup container, and each cup is 200 calories. Must be because it is sooooooooo sweet! Just cause the sweetner is organic cane juice, doesn't mean it's good for me! So I think I had about almost 2 cups of it through out the day! I also ate the other half of my Greek yogurt from last night.
Eric cooked a strip steak, and served me half of it. I didn't have anything else. I did eat the whole thing - it was slow, and I chewed very carefully, but I was happy that I could have it, and it was delicious!
Half a clementine.
Geez, I'm kinda concerned cause I splurged on yogurt?! Who am I?
I'm heading out to a cool concert tonight with my cuz, and I'm a little worried, because I don't want to drink but I do...do you know what I mean? It might be easier to stick with water, than have just one drink...I dunno...have to see how it goes. It is going to be a particularly festive group tonight...it is Purim, a holiday where you are supposed to get drunk! Drunk enough to confuse the names of the good guy and the bad guy in the story of Purim.
What do you do when you are going to be around people who are partying?


I am a boozer! Red wine. Yum! And I do NOT count it. When I was doing WW, we once took a poll around the room of who counted alcohol and who didn't...and almost all of us didn't! And so I never have. Go for it! Have a blast!
ReplyDeleteI drink Vodka and Orange juice. I was just going to post about it on my blog-I wont give it up but I do think it creates some risks. The biggeest is after too much drink my hard earned good habits tend to slip. Not chewing and over eating are too habits that could cause major embarrassing consequences.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is: drink but drink smart.
Oh yes indeedy. I love wine. I try to keep it to no more than twice a week, though. The water/drink/water thing is a great idea. Have fun and happy Purim.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah: I break out the red wine ... not often but sometimes it just feels like the perfect foil at the end of a long day.
ReplyDeleteMaybe have a wine (stay away from the fizzy mixers or vodka etc.. they are shocking for bloating and putting on weight if you have too many) and intersperse with water.. so wine, water, wine, water.. (if you have that many lol.) Most of all... have fun!!!
I booze. Consistently. Haha. Red wine, and still vodka sodas - the carbonation doesnt bother me.
ReplyDeleteI'm a boozer! Red wine and martinis! Friday I d 5 martinis, and the scale was still nice to me. I just keep in mind that I don't want to get sick from drinking with the band...I don't think that would be fun!
ReplyDeleteI love a couple of drinks on Saturday night! I know I would lose faster without it, but that's not living. I used to love beer and drank it quite often, but gave that up along with all other carbonated drinks. Right after being banded I stuck with wine, but grew very tired of it, I am not a big fan. I soon discovered that I could have a cosmo (or even two if I made at home) for the same calories. I made a lighter version of cosmos at home by using good vodka, fresh squeezed orange, fresh squeezed lime, diet cranberry juice and a little splenda shaken with ice. (I also sometimes add a little sugar free orange drink to my juices to make them go farther) I would love to hear of any low cal drinks you find!
ReplyDeleteI have a glass of wine or two on the weekend. One of the things mentioned in my eating plan is if you have wine/alcohol then don't have your fruit that day.
ReplyDeleteYou know I am a big fan of a cocktail now and then! I have wine several times a week. Last night, I went to a party at a brewery and there was nothing but beer - so I had a beer, just nursed it and sipped slowly. No big deal. I also love martinis but last night I was designated driver so none for me! Happy Purim!
ReplyDeleteI think with moderation it's fine. I literally only drink once a year though. And that's during speed week at Kansas Speedway. I usually have a drink with the boys both Saturday and Sunday. Didn't hear about the not eating fruit that day, cuz I still do that too. Sometimes at a tailgate party, fruit is the best option. lol
ReplyDeleteI am hopeless ...I love a wine. So I indulge and try to do it in moderation. This is one of my weakest points and I still need to work on it. Good luck
ReplyDeleteI agree about moderation. And it goes to my head faster now so it doesn't take much. Anywhere from half a glass to two glasses suits me just fine!
ReplyDelete