Sunday, February 28, 2010

Drunky! (But in a moderate and safe manner!)

So, I think y'all might have figured out that I did go ahead and have a few drinks last night. I went with whiskey sodas with a twist of lime. The carbonation doesn't bother me, and I do wait a bit and let it sit/let the ice melt a bit. I had 4 drinks over the course of almost 4 hours, but I definitely got a little drunky in there, in that I was dancing a little more comfortably (not wondering if people were looking).

Around 1 am, I did get very hungry as we were moving from the music club to our local bar, and my cousin and I stopped at Papa John's, which sells slices for $1. We each ordered a slice, and when they came, I looked at them and thought to myself, "Make sure she takes the bigger one, you won't be able to handle it!" This was a huge change for me - in the past I would have made sure to figure out a way to get the bigger slice, or just ordered two.
The staff brought out applie pie pizza as a freebie. Cousin Ilana had finished her regular slice and had the apple. When I finally finished my regular slice (which was posted for about 300-330 calories) I took two tiny bites of the apple and when I say Ilana looking at it hungerly, I happily passed it over to her!
I did nibble a few handfuls of popcorn at the bar, as well.

All in all, not too shabby, but I was disappointed to see the scale go up to 245 lbs this am! I kinda figured my super rapid weight loss was partially due to dehydration, as I wasn't drinking enough water those few days and my urine was dangerously dark. Plus, I am sure that the alcohol didn't help with that. But, lets just say that will be the high end of what happens, and this next week I will continue to work my now moderate restriction to keep looking, and hopefully see myself into the next decade, the 230's soon enought!

Oh, and I think I may have a solution to my exercise dilemma! There is a YMHA/YWHA near my work, that is also near the subway. So once or twice a week I can head over there after work and then head home, and I can continue to visit my local gym (it's the same chain as the one I was using at work) on the weekends. I do still have 5 free sessions with a trainer there after my run in with meany mcmeanerson a few weeks ago that I plan to schedule on weekends.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! Thats what matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just joined the bronx/riverdale yhwa. i love it there. i enjoy your blog and your enthusiasm during your weight loss journey. i am 2 years and 3 months out and down 75 pounds. i hope to catch your zest and get my scale moving down again.

    ReplyDelete