Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fills do work, imagine that! And protein reviews.

Yesterday was my second day of liquids after my second fill.
That might have something to do with the fact that i weighed in at 250.5 on Saturday morning, an all time low. I told Eric and then said that the next morning, the scale was going to say 240-something! Then this morning I woke up and the scale said 248!!! Wow, 2.5 lbs overnight! Crazy, man! How fun is this?

Yesterday I had:

2/3 of a "small" portion of veggie split pea soup - probably 8 ounces total, of which I had 5-6 (I actually felt a bit uncomfortable after that, and got very nervous. I did not have any saliva or other indications of being stuck or PBing. Is that what having restriction is like?)

Blue Raspberry Isopure drink - 40 grams of protein for 160 calories! I've never tried Isopure before, but I gotta say, it's not bad, and I will definitely incorporate it into my diet, especially after a fill. Initially I thought it was too sweet, but I had chewed some gum and then tasted it again, and I liked it much more! I drank it in small sips through-out the day. No funny smell, no chalky texture.

1/2 of a Protein2Go packet, by Designer Whey, Biggest Loser branded. Also pretty good, although not as good as the Isopure. There was a little bit of the egg smell to this if you breath deep, but the taste was pretty good, and the packets are convenient to carry along.

I also bought Designer Whey Chocolate Peanut Caramel flavor, cause it came in a smaller package than the huge tubs so I could taste it and the Vitamin Shoppe dude recommended it as his favorite. I was complaining about the Nectar Iced Tea I had bought during pre-op, and he offered me to bring it back and exchange it if I found it really offensive - I do! I think it smells like drinking a cup of scrambled raw eggs!

I also ate 3/4 of a little box of chocolate nibs covered in chocolate - 140 calories, anti-oxidants and all that cramp - mainly it tasted good and I wanted something yummy, that was a "treat". I spent the afternoon shopping, you see, and when I shop alone I usually stop for a meal (usually something indulgent, cause I feel like crap about how everything fits anyway, and I want to make myself feel better by eating crappy food? makes no sense, but hey, since when do I always make sense?) Since I was liquid dieting, that didn't happen. So I was thinking about getting a hot chocolate at Dunkin' Donuts, which wouldn't have been so bad, but I didn't want something quite so sweet. These cacoa nibs were covered in dark chocolate, and I ate a little bit then, a little bit later, shared some with Eric while we watched a movie.

At home, Eric had made a gorgeous soup for me! Potatoes and leeks, with oven roasted zucchini, and a leetle bit of duck bacon - remember, I don't eat pork, and a little bit of smoked meat adds crazy flavor for the calorie buck. I had two cups of that with chives. And a Jello dessert mouse cup, 60 cal. It melts in your mouth, so I consider it liquid.

Had mint tea and nibbled on some of the cacao nibs above while we watched Couples Retreat. Not so good! Then I sucked 3/4 of a navel orange, spitting out the pulp - pretty gross! Felt quite tight, so I didn't finish it.

I'm excited to start eating mushies today. Am considering a little polenta with a soft boiled egg and some goat cheese.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it thrilling when you feel restriction? Congrats on the new low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.b lbs way to go! I can't wait to feel real restriction. Two more weeks to go before my 1st fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOOO.. good for you.. you are doing just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Excellent choice with the choc. nibs. If you can find things like this that are inherently calorie-limited -- I would say anything under 200 cals -- you can incorporate them into your diet without going overboard and without feeling deprived. Plus, chocolate is virtually a health food! I need to blog about it, I'm so in love with small amounts of dark chocolate right now!

    Restriction is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yana...
    New follower here. Would you believe I found you through Google Reader? It recommended you. Just thought I'd share.
    Anyhow, I noticed your surgery date. BRAVE GIRL! Dunno if I could've done it then. No French-Canadian meat pie (tourtière)? Unheard of! lol
    Well, I'm in the insurance phase still. Hopefully will be getting my surgery by end of April. It's coming... but not fast enough. Preop on April 1st.
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!

    Blessings,
    Robin at Band on the Run

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic on the weight loss....glad you are finally getting some restriction

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoooooo I am so excited for you..I hope the restriction lasts and you drop loads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the loss!!

    Sorry you didn't like the Nectar Ice Tea. I didn't try that flavor (even gave away my sample), but I do like the Fuzzy Navel. However, I mix it with Crystal Light which makes the best tasting protein powder I have tried. The Protein2Go are ok, but they have a little bit of a "taste" to them that bothers me a little. However, I find them great to take with me while traveling. I especially like using both of them after exercising to help with the hunger that comes with heavy exercise.

    ReplyDelete