Today was a luxurious breakfast featuring last night's leftovers, a shopping trip with Cousin Ilana (she is amazing - one of my best friends!) where I bought two new pairs of jeans from Abby Z - size 16W, a form fitting black button-down in a 1X, and some socks! The clothes are all quite snug, but I figure they will be fitting well soon. What I did not find was a pair of black pants!!! I think I will order some online from Avenue, as they are very reasonable - I wrote about this a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to go ahead and order them!
I had a major NSV - I dared to shop the straight sizes! I didn't end up getting them, but I tried on several size 18s and 16s in the straight sizes, which we know do not equal 18W or 16W! They didn't fit well, but I could get them on, which was definitely progress!
Then dropped off my V-day present to have the chain lengthened! The chain was only 16 inches long, and it was barely fitting around my neck, so I had them add 3 inches. I hope it will still look nice as I lose weight, or I can always have some links taken out.
Valentine's Day is also my baby brother's birthday, so I headed over to my parents' place for a party around 5 pm - I saw a lot of family members that don't know about the band, and they were asking me what diet I was on! I felt like I was cheating a little bit as I swapped "diet" tips with them - I told them about my new-found exercise habits, and how I am generally trying to be moderate with everything.
Breakfast - seared scallops, one piece duck bacon, leftover polenta, one poached egg, two chocolate covered strawberries - I had one last night after dinner, one more around midnight, and one this morning early!
Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat toast and honey mustard. two hershey kisses, one bite special peanut butter cup
over 3 hours - 2 small glasses wine, one glass milk (with the cake, natch!)
10 shrimp w cocktail sauce
few bites cheese
crackers - 5-6
eggplant caviar - 2 teaspoons
piece of smoked sablefish
two spoons of wild rice salad with almonds and orange segments and dried cranberries
2 small slices roast lamb, two small quarters of potato
small slice gluten free chocolate cake, 2 huge strawberries, raspberries
PS - The jeans were bought with an old store credit, and the shirt was on clearance, so it was $12.00!
And to stay honest, I had another (the last) chocolate covered strawberry after the Olympics and before bed!


Yum, sounds tasty! How do you eat a sandwich? I cannot eat much bread at all, even toasted. Its been like this for a while...
ReplyDeleteTonight we had crab cakes for dinner and I could barely eat half of one small crab cake. Sort of disappointed, it was like 3 bites and that was it! But that is the band doing its job I guess!
Happy VDay!
Sounds like another great day Yana. Can you explain what the 16W & 18 W sizes are for me in Oz??? I can't wait to tell a lie about how I have lost the weight when someone finally asks LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day all around. Glad you had such a fun shopping trip! Your V-day gift is beautiful, enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteThats fabulous! Congratulations on your shopping trip and trying on those sizes! Woot
ReplyDelete