but I need to remember what the most important priorities are!
by the way, I weighed in this morning at 254. I can't complain, I'm not gaining, but jeez! It's just not moving, but dancing around these three pounds. Fill on Friday, Fill on Friday...!!!
I now have two jobs, so I woke up this am and trucked through the icy mess to my new gig, where I spent 4 hours drafting documents, then jumped on the train to come uptown to my old job...I hadn't eaten, so
I was starving. And, on top of it, I missed my expensive dance class. So I ran to the deli, got a sandwich and a salad, and started gulping it down...got a tiny bit stuck, but it passed, and I kept eating, cause I was hungry. And the sandwich which looked so yummy and relatively healthy turned out to be greasy and not so yum. But I ate it anyway. And I don't know where I am going to find time to exercise today...
NO!
I know when I am going to find time to exercise. It will be later in the evening, when my boss has gone home for the day. I will go for half an hour on the treadmill and some stretching. Then I will take my shower and 5 minutes in the sauna, like I have been enjoying so much, and chill out. I will bill half an hour less than I had hoped to, but it's not worth it if I don't feel good.
My main job is ending at the end of the week or early next week, which is fine. I am looking forward to some more time to exercise and eat better. I know that my eating habits have been sub par, and that has to do with my limited time...what free time I have, I am so exhausted it is easy to not do what I want, which is plan and prepare...and keep my apartment in a happy place, and work on some of my other projects that I have in mind...
This is a rambling post, so thanks for listening. If anyone has any ideas on how to be efficient with food and exercise, I'm all ears.
And thanks, Tracy, for your Beautiful Blogger tag - I'll work on it!
Eaten:
Panini on flatbread with chicken, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Spinach salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, cukes, black olives, craisins, grilled chicken breast, and yogurt dill dressing - delish!
Jello 60 cal mousse, one potato dumpling, activia strawberry yogurt.
Exercise at 8.30 pm - 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the treadmill.
Today was my first day on the elliptical - I think I was intimidated, but it is really nice. There is no impact, and I liked adjusting the settings to switch between stepping high and low.
I know a lot of you are running and doing the C25K, and I am also tempted, but I am concerned about the impact on our joints. Elliptical may be a good thing to work in!


Darn I didnt share the wealth enough-you got one from me too.
ReplyDeleteI completely understand. My job is horribly demanding and the director of our department has no boundaries, so he expects we should all work around the clock, like he does. Ten hours a day, plus commuting makes exercise, plan and prep a tough act but I keep reminding myself I my health is my top priority.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking the time out for exercise and relaxing sauna. You probably did a better job by taking that time for you. Two jobs are hard so give yourself a bit of leeway until you can get down to one. Exhausting, but it would have been harder if you still had those 26 pounds hanging around.
ReplyDeleteThe secret to easy lunches for me...gladware 1/2 Cup containers (I bought a huge stack of these babies and always have a few in the fridge & freezer)...grab a couple with leftovers and you're done (if you buy lunches, buy more and package some up). Good job 'keeping yourself on the list' it's easy to let yourself slide off the list when you get busy...you're a priority ;-)
ReplyDeleteYes you sound busy. How about doing a cook up on the weekend or one night...I use my slow cooker a lot and get the stuff ready the night before so as I am making the kids lunches before work I throw it all in. if you did that for a few days and froze some of it that might help. I used to find before my injury that I would get up earlier and get the exercise out of the way then no matter what happens you have gotten it out of the way. Depends if you can stand doing it in the morn or not???? hang in there....
ReplyDeleteHoly busy life Batman! You're rockin it though. I agree with BG, you need to keep you on the list. As far as your plateau of fiddling with a couple of pounds......I'm totally with you there. Before Christmas I fiddled around with the same 3 pounds all Fall. Up and down and so close to onederland. So frustrating. I've started losing again though. Keep you're head up. This too shall pass. It helps to remember what you've lost instead of what you're not losing. Celebrate every lost ounce. You're doing great. *hugs to you my friend*
ReplyDelete