Menu so far:
Scooped and toasted everything bagel with dab of butter and a veggie omlet.
Fill! Dr. K took me up to 6.8 in my band...we'll see what happens.
I told her I was able to eat things like a Subway sandwich, and she said "Don't eat sandwiches!" but was very cute about it. I told her I was eating slowly and chewing well, but I was going pretty much on willpower. She said that was good, that willpower is what gets you there. The band just helps. Said I probably wouldn't have lost 5 lbs (I went from 259 to 254 on the office scales) in four weeks. I told her I would have, but it would have come back, and I am certain this won't.
Actual fill was easy as pie. I even looked at the needle.
She was so sweet, as usual. Drank my water, felt fine, maybe a teensy gurgle.
I came back to work and had a small skim chai latter, then a cup of tomato basil soup, and a small fat free chocolate milk. Yum. Only felt restriction with the milk...
Question - do you guys exercise after a fill? I'm tempted too, cause I haven't had time this week except for one day. BUT, I really don't want to overdo it. Advice please! I will definitely get some exercise in this weekend, if it is gym or walking, but what about today?


I've never had a problem with exercising after a fill, as long as your drinking enough fluids I don't see why it would be. I hope you get some restriction with this last fill, I know I noticed a difference after my 2nd one :)
ReplyDeleteWow Yana .. you are having a great journey with your band.. I go on Monday for a fill. My problem is I have restriction for a day or two and then it disappears.. (in my mind I imagine a leak) but think the doc might think I am a nut to think this is going on.. Good luck.. keep up the good work
ReplyDeleteGreat job on 5 pounds lost!
ReplyDeleteI don't see any problem with exercising after a fill. Hey 6.8 is a good amount! I bet you will feel this one!
Your doc does not make you go on liquids the day of your fill? I have to do full liquids in the a.m. and clear liquids for 4 hours before the fill. I guess they want your stomach totally empty?
I have pretty much given up sandwiches. No, not pretty much. I have totally! Its not a bad idea. The bread just gets more and more difficult to eat, and we all know its empty carbs anyway...Amazingly enough, I don't miss it. Now if only I could give up crackers and cereal....
Good luck with this fill and take it slow once you get to solids!
5 lbs awesome! I have given up on sandwiches just can't do it. I bet you are going to feel this fill, here is hoping for good restriction. My doctor doesn't make me go on liquids prior to a fill either, weird. Also I have never had a problem working out after a fill.
ReplyDeleteI still workout after a fill but I tend to go at it a little bit less vigorously while I am on the liquids. Even my trainer doesn't push me as hard as normal if I am still on liquids from a fill.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 5 pounds!
I workout after fills and I am on clear liquids! Hoping you feel restriction with 6.8! I did!
ReplyDeleteGreat loss Yana and heaps of fluid in your band too. I was banded before you and only have 1.5ml (same in cc's I think) so well done
ReplyDelete