Aha, Dr. has determined boder-line pneumonia, but not quite. X-rays were taken. He has prescribed new super antibiotic that will kill everything within 5 yards of me, and steroids for the wheezing...bring on the codeine cough syrup as well. Told me to take break form the mucinex, cause it makes you cough so alternate cough syrup for nights and mucinx only once in a while.
It's really bad guys. I got faint and woozy after walking 4 blocks yesterday...I have to breathe shallowly, and if I forget and take a deep breathe I can't and start gasping and wheezing - and I had to go to court this morning! It was just to get an adjournment for another attorney who was out of town, but I was coughing my head off, so I sat in the jury box (it was a calendar/conference day, when there are no trials, so there is no jury...attorneys can sit in the jury box on these days. cause a) they are so much better than the plebs (unfortunately, many of them do have that attitude) and b) if just makes more room in a small courtroom), far away from everyone, and covered my face with a scarf...I did have to go, because I was covering. These little per diem gigs, covering for other solo practitioners are really nice bonuses, really easy and sometimes interesting...nothing I count on, but they have saved my ass a few times with last minute calls right when I needed a little extra cash.
Thanks for your concerns, because I am really really bumming. I planned this so carefully...and now there is a chance I will have to postpone surgery. I will reschedule my pre-op tests as late as possible, hoping I will be all better by then. I also talked to my primary care Dr's office manager today, and she said she would try to back date a referral that I didn't get last time, or at the very least do whatever she could to help me with my appeal - I didn't know I needed a referral to see my surgeon, so my insurance company, which approved the surgery immediately, is not paying for the initial visit, which is $500...
I am still going to start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Which will be loads of fun...sick with bronchitis and drinking protein shakes...I've got two muscle milks for the am...and am super broke til Wednesday (long and stupid story, but I paid off a huge bill and made a miscalculation, so I left myself with NO money until Wednesday - only realized this when I was taking money out of the ATM, that is trying to take money out of the ATM today), so I will borrow some cash off of BF and go buy some more in the afternoon. At least I can sleep a lot...and read a lot of blogs! Go get cracking, girlies! I might even try to make a vlog. And I need to take some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I asked the BF to take them and he asked, puzzled, naked? NO! I am thinking leggings and a tank top!
Do you have any suggestions for pre-op? Anything you wish you had done/hadn't done?
Tomorrow I will post official starting weight and measurements, and maybe some pictures. We'll see...


I hope you'll start feeling better. I had bronchitis last month and the second round of antibiotics were super strong (avelox) and they did the trick. I hope you got something as good.
ReplyDeleteI didn't have to do an extended pre-op diet, so I'm not much good for advice. I do know I hate all shakes except Carnation Instant Breakfast.
Good Luck!!
When you can I would try the Nectar protein mix. It is made with water not milk and they are not as heavy. I mix mine with extra water and crystal light and I actually like them. I like the muscle milk, but when I am not feeling good it is too much and makes me gag.
ReplyDeleteThree weeks post surgery and just having come off the whole pre-op experience I would just suggest you follow exactly what your Dr. tells you to do. I think one of the reasons I came through surgery so easily with so few post-op symptoms is because I did exactly what he told me to do. Two weeks liquids was two full weeks liquids. Good luck to you and remember....broke is always temporary and poor is a state of mind. This too shall pass and think how great you're going to look and feel next Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon. At least you have a diagnosis. Don't get Slimfast though, they just recalled millions of them. My only advice is to get lots of photos in advance and definitely to do a vlog beforehand so you have that for comparison. I didn't and wish I had that video to look back on (and to compare really).
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the pre-op diet!
Heather
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com
Yana.. so glad you got the good drugs to help you out. I know the coughing is the worst and makes your ribs hurt..
ReplyDeleteAs far as suggestions: Make sure you take several before pics, try to watch carbs, they just trigger your desire to eat, the quicker you can deplete the carbs, the quicker you wont mind the liquid part. The pre-op time is a good time to get in touch with the things that trigger your desire to eat (the wrong things and the wrong reasons). I know that I am an emotional eater so I had to have a plan B in place for how to deal with stress and the desire for emotional eating (not easy, but not impossible).
Right now focus on feeling better.. we are all rooting for you..
Damn! What an absolute bummer for you, Yana, seriously so :( My heart goes out to you - but just remember it's not a permanent put-off just a delay.. actually you just reminded me of something. I wasn't sick but I also had the very real chance of having to delay my surgery due to my husband having to have something done around the same time: and we both couldn't be recuperating at the same time. As it turned out, my worries were for nothing and I forged ahead: I'm crossing my fingers that the same happens for you. It's awful to feel so prepared then this happens. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that they got your borderline Pneumonia diagnosed & started you on the big guns Antibiotics. Hopefully it gets you well enough to do the Surgery, but if not, don't worry, it is just a delay, it will still be done. But you really need to be over your coughing before the Surgery.
ReplyDeleteIf I just breathed too deeply at first it would hurt. Then my DH forgot about it & made me laugh so hard that I was actually crying from pain!! He promised to not do that again until I was more recovered.
So please don't rush it if you are not physically ready. I will be thinking only good thoughts for your speedy recovery.
Feel better. You still have time to get better. Fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDelete