Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pre-op Day 8 of 14

1.30 am   266 lbs this am...11 lbs down in one week...that's pretty amazing! Makes me think I will hit 260 by surgery day exactly one week from now...maybe even get a head start on my weight loss goals?

I did have half a Kashi bar last night...2.5 grams of fat, about 10 g of carbs (that's after you subtract the fiber), and 6 g of proteins. It was late at night, I was actually searching for an amazing acne cream I have to put on a blemish on my chin...and I found the bar in a box of toiletries I must have tossed it into when I was cleaning for company! I didn't even think about it, just opened it up and took a bite. No, that's not true, I checked to make sure it wasn't too bad on the nutrition front... moving on...

I have dreams (nightmares) about forgetting I have to be on pre-op and eating whatever...this is why I have put myself on lock-down as much as I can...I am working from home, minimizing errands...I am scared if I leave the house I will rationalize more serious cheating! I am terrified, actually. I know my power of rationalization. As a lawyer, I am professionally expert at it!

But forgetting. This has historically been my weakness at dieting - I literally forget and start eating, and then once I've realized that I've gone off plan, I just carry on! This is why I think the band will be really good for me - I might start down a bad path, but it will remind me, and make me more cognizant of what I am putting in my mouth.

7 pm  I've had one ready mix EAS shake and one serving of Nectar protein, Iced Tea flavor...I don't love it! It smells like eggs, and I would rather have them friend than in iced tea! I'm headachey and cranky, having spent all afternoon working on a website for one of my ideas, with very little success. Should go pound another EAS shake, cause I know 50% of it is hunger.

I ended up cooking some chicken and only eating two small bites. Then I had a quarter of my usual israeli salad, half of a Yana serving of farmer cheese, and a few - like 3-4 strawberries, frozen and pureed. A pickle, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment