Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pre-op Day 12 of 14

Well, the scale was a big fat disappointment this morning, because it showed me up 1.5 lbs after I had a perfect day yesterday - although I did calculate my calories for the last few days and decided they may have been too low.

I took a bunch of fiber and some herbal colon cleanser last night to get things moving, which did start this morning, but I can tell that I'm still full of something...sorry for TMI, but I am using this to keep track of how I am feeling as well as writing for my readers and friends.

Didn't make it to the blood test yesterday, as my client meeting ran late. Will be heading over to a clinic in my neighborhood as soon as I finish typing this up.

8.30 am - one zuchini, half a medium onion, two egg whites, and one egg yolk that fell in at the last minute! That adds about 50 calories and 5 grams of fat, so I will not worry about it too much - I wasn't planning on it and won't do it again!

last night half a tomato and a cucumber, with balsamic vinegar.

heading to my blood test, will stop and get some more ready made shakes on the way as I am heading to parents for a visit, then BF's parents, and hopefully back home before the storm hits!

stay warm, chickies!

At my folks, I ate some salad with lemon juice and about 1/4 of a dry chicken breast.
At BF's folks place, I had some more salad with soy and wasabi and a few pieces of pickled ginger. A soup BF's mom made with no fat, roasted red pepper, sundried tomato, and leeks, pureed! This will def be on my post op diet! She sent me home with some, and it's going in the freezer! And one v. small bite of chicken breast. And about five raspberries and two clementine sections.

Probably didn't have enough protein, but couldn't face a shake. Not v. hungry either and there was yummy stuff at the dinner...spicy tuna rolls from a good sushi joint, and potato pancakes, my favorite! Didn't touch 'em! Go me!

I finished the day with some ahem, laxatives, cause I hadn't been to the bathroom, and my tummy was feeling hard and uncomfortable. I historically get terrible constipation with a low-carb high-protein diet. TMI, I know...

7 comments:

  1. Hey, Yana, the scale is going to fluctuate - you are still down an amazing amount so far, so no worries (I say this as much to me as to you!).

    Travel safely!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, like Amy said-- this is the trouble with getting on the scale every day. I posted about how it takes 3500 calories of deficit to lose a pound... so don't forget that. You're weight can fluctuate several pounds in a day and it is just water. You've done GREAT on the pre-op diet, you're my hero-- Monday is my official "first day." i'll be counting down, just like you. Hope the blood test shows the right counts for surgery on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing good!!

    Keep it up lovely Yana.

    (Stupid scale).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up, the scale will fluctuate...I encourage you to choose a weigh in day (i do fridays) and only count that weigh in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing good! You are getting so close! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As everyone already said, you are doing great & yes, the scale can fluctuate up & down very fast!! You are doing great! Tuesday will be here before you know it!! Good luck on the test results, etc.

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup like the others say the scales fluctuate. I weigh everyday but only count in my had and on the ticker when it is good news...whole pounds down only. Once I got my head around that it has been mostly OK. Before the band and my confidence in the fact that I was going down no matter what the fluctuations would drive me crazy..now not so much.

    ReplyDelete