I weighed in this morning, and I was down a little bit more...267 lb! I decided I needed to break down the numbers...make a list of goals so I can be encouraged. So I can think of being so close to a goal when I don't want to exercise or don't want to make good food choices. I think of my starting weight as 280 lbs. I've maintained it for a while, and that was how I weighed in at my surgery consult. I'm making my goals somewhat aggressive, but here's hoping - I will modify if they start to seem unrealistic. I think the last 30 lbs or so will probably be unrealistic in such a short time frame, so I am totally open to readjusting them.
I want to loose 130 lbs, to get to a final weight of 150 lbs. This means 13 lb increments are 10% of the way!
December 8, 2009 277 lbs, probably because I'd been battling bronchitis for two weeks.
December 14, 2009 267 lbs - 10 % of the way there! Wow, I've already done this! I am proud and amazed. Too bad I'm still too big for it to really show, but I know, and that makes all the difference!
December 22, 2009 260lbs 17 lbs down. Not quite by surgery date, but sometime in the next week...I didn't weigh myself for a while, to avoid disappointment!
January 1 - I know there is swelling and water weight after surgery, so I will say my goal is 258 lbs - this is the weight I was about 2.5 years ago, when I moved out of my apartment in Soho. 257.5 lbs! I just squeaked in! Wow, am I happy - I told BF that I feel like I just lost the weight of the last two and a half years!
254 - 20% of the way there!Done.
January 10, 2010 252 lbs - 28 lbs down, lost 10 % of my starting weight! Done, February 16, 2010
February 1, 2010 243 lbs - This was the highest I would get for a period of about 7 years. This was the borderline where I could fit into some really tight size 16/18 that weren't in the plus section. I would waiver between this and around 228, where I felt I was "thinner". Done, February 25, 2010
241 - 30% of the way there!
March 1 , 2010 237 lbs
231 - 40% of the way there!
March 31 - my 33rd birthday!!! 224 lbs 56 lbs down, lost 20% of my starting weight!
April 1, 2010 222 lbs
218 - 50 % there!!! 65 lbs down!
May 1, 2010 210 lbs 70 lbs down, lost 25 % of my starting weight
June 1, 2010 ONEDERLAND
June 15, 2010 196 lbs - 84 lbs down, lost 30% of my starting weight!
July 1, 2010 190lbs - The lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life - I got down to 195 or so for two weeks in the summer of 2000...haven't been there since! I really liked myself at this weight. I was wearing body conscious clothing and feeling great. My parents were really proud of me. I did it by eating strictly low carb in an obsessive manner and popping diet pills for 3 months. It all came back...I was wearing mostly size 14s, and even squeezed into a few size 12s.
August 1, 2010 180 lbs - Haven't been here since college!
September 1, 2010 172
October 1, 2010 164
November 1, 2010 158
December 22, 2010 150!!! GOAL WEIGHT!!! Remember, I am only 5'4.5 inches, so this is the very top of the weight range for where I should be!
i am enjoying your blog. we seem to have similar food tastes... i am sephardic...so i think you can add feta and goat cheese to everything!
ReplyDeletebest of luck to you in your journey and chag semach!
Good goals to set. Hope you are feeling better. Would have loved to have met you yesterday !!
ReplyDeleteSetting goals are great! I still haven't set mine, but I will shortly.
ReplyDeleteHappy Hanukkah
10%, wow that is excellent, way to go! I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to meet you at the next NYC Bandster event :)
ReplyDeleteI'm just like you-- 5'4.5 inches tall! 150 is a very good weight for our height-- we are probably built the same... I can carry my weight pretty well, I've gotten on scales at docs' offices and had them say "is that your weight???"
ReplyDeleteI'm over that, hope I don't have to have that happen too much anymore!
Hope your pre-op diet continues to go well. I am kind of headachy which is annoying.... And: hope you are feeling much better and ready for your big day. I'll be right behind you!
V