a) I was 'taking' protein shakes regularly yesterday, in the way I would take a medicine.
b) I am now 15 lbs down!
c) I had some small victories on my website work last night. To the point where I actually shouted HOORAY! from my spot on the couch and scared the bejeesus out of BF in his comfy chair, where he had fallen asleep watching TV.
d) The next few days are full of events...
Tonight, I'll be joining BF's sister and her best friend for Burn the Floor. It's a Broadway show featuring Latin and ballroom dancing...the NYT describes "A steamy rumba in the first act, in which the statuesque blonde Peta Murgatroyd cavorts blindfolded with six oily-chested men, seems like a scene from a gay porn movie, only with better music — well, slightly better music — and dry ice (and a woman)." Doesn't that sound like fun? It will be cheesy and tacky and a lot of really good dance. BF's mom bought my ticket as a Hanukkah present, which was so sweet, and I think it will be nice to go out with BF's sister and her friend. It will be a first.
Tomorrow, I have a client meeting all afternoon, and hopefully will get paid, or at least will be paid soon - this was a matter I started working on over 1.5 years ago, so it's been a long time coming. And that check will come in very hand to pay a lot of bills and bring me closer to a resolution to end 2009 debt free. Not success, but closer, and that's great!
Saturday, BF and I will go visiting...his folks for 'not-lunch' and mine for 'not-dinner'. I was thinking of getting some sort of small gifts, as it will be the last night of Hannukah. Not required, not very traditional - Hannukah is usually parents giving gifts to children, and not nearly as big a deal as Christmas is - it's a minor festival, but it's a fun one. Too bad I will not be able to celebrate the traditional way, which is to eat things fried in oil - usually potato pancakes or donuts...oh well, next year!
No plans for Sunday yet, but Monday will be me packing up some stuff to take to my folks place after surgery (I'm going to stay there for a few days, since our cozy little apartment is very cozy...and I will be more comfortable there - BF is going to come out at night after work. They live about an hour away.) and head into Manhattan for a day at the spa...
BF had gotten me a gift certificate to Great Jones Spa for my birthday this year, and I had been saving it for something special. They have a 'water garden' with waterfalls and different tubs and steamrooms and saunas...so I'll hang out there for a few hours and have a deep tissue massage. Then BF and I have a movie date to see
and
e) I've discovered inserting pictures into your blog posts can be lots of fun!
Again, thank you all so so much for your comments of support. It means the world to me...like I mentioned in my previous post, although I've told almost all of my friends (except for a few weird ones that I probably shouldn't be friends with in the first place, but that is another kettle of fish ;)) about the band, I don't feel like they understand my feelings...and I know you guys do.
I think I need to write a sweet card to BF as well, and let him know how much I appreciate him. Our fridge contains only veggies and a few fruits for him, broth, and some boiled/roasted chicken, and eggs. And sugar-free Jello! He bought me a big huge box of 24 for now and post op! He's lost some more weight recently, since he had a fill two weeks ago, and is down to 262.5, his lowest weight in years. We were joking around this morning, and I said, you're beating me for now, but I bet I'll get you by the end of the weekend! Because...TA-DA...another lb down and I am at 265 lb this morning on the scale.
That's right, I am 265 lbs - that is 15 lbs less than what I weighed at the surgery consult - less than two months ago...hmmmm...I've been hating this pre-op diet, but it definitely works!
So it is 12.30 pm now, and I better go have my first shake of the day! Today will be powdered EAS Vanilla Creme, hope to get 3 of my half servings in before BF's sister picks me up for the show.
4.30 pm, had 1.5 half serving of shake, going to have the rest between now and when I leave for the theatre. Also had one hard boiled egg and a tiny dab of mayo - the only bad thing I've eaten, and it was less than half at teaspoon.







I read a tip the other day that might help. Try using a sippy type cup or a travel cup with a lid. That way you don't smell the drink as you are drinking it. Some people find that that really helps.
ReplyDelete