I love my salads, but was craving texture...I had an eggplant in the fridge, and a recipe in my head...usually it has a good deal of olive oil, but I tried without and found it wasn't missing anything! I'm allowed 2 cups of veggies per day, and this was an excellent way to eat 1/3 of a cup!
Eggplant Puree
Take one medium-large eggplant.
Stab it a few times with a knife.
Bake at 400 degrees for one hour and cool. Split with a knife, and scoop into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, two crushed cloves of garlic, and hit it with an immersion blender...yummy! My grandma served it with slices of rye bread and sliced tomato. My mom serves it with gluten free rice crackers (my brother is a celiac) and sliced tomato. I served with cucumber slices. Was out of tomatoes...BF is at the grocery store right now replenishing my veggie supply! Would also be great with some goat cheese or feta...it's creamy and delicious!


Yum, sounds good! You are already doing so well! Way to go.
ReplyDeleteYum! Sounds like you're doing well. We missed you at brunch today. Hope you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteHeather
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com
I love making my own soups and "mushies". I take whatever veggie I have (squash, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc...) and cook them in broth. Then I use my immersion blender. Many times I add in evaporated milk (low fat) and make a cream soup. Last night I added chicken, mushrooms, kale, carrots and rutabaga and it was great!! I will have to try roasting them next time. I bet that adds a ton of flavor.
ReplyDeleteWay to go - look at you already thinking outside the box. This one sounds really good and high in veggie content - win win situation.
ReplyDeleteYummy! I'll have to try that... hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteit sounds like Baba Ghanoush without the smokiness...I hate the smokiness so might give it a try. With parties to go to this season a good dip sounds great. You are almost there! keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete