Had a fill and a haircut yesterday, and am up .5 lbs this am? WTH!?
Told Dr. I was getting hungry, really really hungry. She told me to stay off the carbs. Not what I wanted to hear, but perhaps what I needed to hear... I had a bagel (completely scooped out and toasted) before I went to see her...along with an orange juice and some jalapeno potato chips. I KNOW!!! I skipped the Chinese food on friday night but my head was saying...eat while you still can...you have 2 days of liquids and 2 days of mushies coming up...I hadn't had OJ in months! I know how that works, the blood sugar high and then low...
I don't want her to tell me to stay on a low-glycemic diet...that's why I got the band, not to be on a diet...but I guess she's right. I think I kind of resented how she breezed in and when I told her I was very hungry she knew right away that I had been eating some carbs. To be fair, some is a good descriptor. I always try to eat protein with/before carbs. I never get down a ton - two small slices of toast was the most ever, which to a carb-head like me was nothing. On the other hand, I had lost 7 lbs since my last visit, and she said that was great weight-loss.
So she gave me .3 whatevers in the band, I drank a little water, went for a fabulous haircut afterwards and met a dear friend for tea...no problems. Walked through ten blocks of streetfair and streetfood which would have previously been calorie death for me with no problems. Say the family in the afternoon and while they ate grilled filets and strips and roasted asparagus with sauteed mushrooms, I had some chicken stock with a few pureed veggies. It was very thin, but E said I should have stayed with clear liquids the first day - do you do that? What does your doctor say about after fill eating/drinking? I also had a few pureed stawberries with a little yogurt and kefir, to make it liquidy. Some chicken stock in the evening.
HERE'S the issue...since last night, my band/stomach has been GROWLING!!! Totally talking and making noise. I have to meet some clients soon, and I am embarrassed they will hear it. Does this happen to you? I don't have burps, I don't think I have has, but it keeps TALKING!
I woke up this am, drank a sip of room temp tea, and now am sipping on half a cup of warm broth. Hope this resolves...and I get some Isopure into me for the protein! And I lose 1.5 lbs overnight to being mt to 50 lbs down!!!


yeah I get the gurgley stomach growls too! I hear it's a sign of good restriction :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 7 lbs down!!! That is great!
ReplyDeleteYou are right...with haircuts there should be a weight loss. :) Doesn't seem fair!
Surgery date: May 25
http://bandedandblogging.blogspot.com/
I totally get the gurgles sometimes. A friend (who doesn't know i have the band - she's a coworker with a big mouth! :) was telling me about how her banded friend gurgles so I was worried she'd hear it and know! I think somehow it's just that we can hear our food being processed. No idea why though. Very odd. Maybe don't eat for a while before your meeting?
ReplyDeleteWhen I'm tight I get the stomach noises too, so maybe that's a good sign. When I'm at work I don't drink or eat right before a meeting so I don't make too much noise.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 50!!
Right with you on the gurgles. I do liquids for a couple days after fills, but not clear liquids. My go-to for liquids is blended black bean soup. You can always add some chicken broth to thin it out if you need to, but it offers good protein and fiber. Good luck!
ReplyDeletei get the gurgles after i eat or drink if i'm having good restriction. my mom gets them everytime she eats. and she just got the point of having good restriction. i think it's different for everyone. as for the after fill diet. i do mushies for two days. the doc says liquids for two and mushies for two, but i've never done that. i had to a three week pre op and two week post op liquid diet. so if i never drink another protein shake for as long as i live, i'll die happy. it just got so burnt out on them.
ReplyDeletehungry gurgles or I drank something and it is moving down the pipes? I get the moving down the pipes gurgles even now- I get the burp ones too. There was a point as I was adjusting to less and less food that my stomach made hungry gurgles even though I really wasn't hungry.
ReplyDeleteI don't do liquids and mushys like you do. I just get the take it easy or be careful instructions. Normally I start with a coffee and work my way up over the evening to food. On day two I proceed as normal but cautiously with each bite to see how the fill might have effected my restriction.
I say do what your doc says.
Tina