232 lbs. Today is Thursday. Fill on Saturday. Thank the lord! Did better yesterday, but not ideal at all.
Today will bring yogurt in, a big honking container of plain Greek yogurt. And I will eat it. A lot of it!!! And another frozen dinner, which was not delicious, but very easy and not bad. And then come home and eat fiber crackers and hummus and maybe a little cheese. Maybe make some veggie soup I've been craving!
Yesterday, I tried to knowledge that I am hungry and plan for it. I bought some low cal tomato soup at the store in the morning that I had with about 6 sun chips (coworker provided and I choose to indulge), an Amy's Organic "hot pocket" type product, about 300 calories, a lot of fiber, and a bit of protein, that I ate with some almonds for more protein, and a healthy choice frozen meal of chicken parm, about 350 calories and 15 g of carbs. Also brought a bunch of mini baby belle cheeses with me. Are almost all of that! I was trying to make good choices, I was. The best choice would've been to just eat less. But I am trying very hard to question if I am hungry or not, if I am eating out of boredom, depression, rewarding, etc.
And I did not go around the corner for chocolate, or even to the office next door, where the accountant has a bowl of Bailey's truffles on his desk. Even though I wanted some, badly. I may or may not have found two chocolate mints in a my purse, from a nice restaurant we went to this weekend and devoured them, but we will not speak of this as I avoided the lure of the hershey bar.
At dinner I skipped booze, had two bites of ceviche, then I had three SMALL bites of burger with bun...then I took off the rest of the bun, and ate half of the patty. Gave the other half away. A good quality burger. And some fries, but just a few, gave most of them away ;). But just a few. I gotta say, I enjoyed taking those bites of burger with bun. Doesn't happen anymore, and there is something to be said for it...not enough not to get a band, but as Tina pointed out, it was a nice perk of being so unrestricted.
Later that night, I had a chai latte with Splenda, great, and then had most of a raspberry tart...it was small, I shared it, but it was totally not necessary. But I wanted it and I had it and it was deliciouso. I'm not on a diet, right? I ate protein. I could've drunk more water. My weight is down a pound, so hey, I'm moving in the right direction.


Yana, you are doing great! You are about a month behind me in banding and it was just over a month ago that I "finally saw the light" if you will. It WILL happen to you, too. And when it does, it won't be as much of a struggle. Granted, I still have my days (hell, even hours and minutes), but it is not the same struggle it once was. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteStill working it Yana-I think you are doing great. This band thing--it is not all or nothing. I think that is a good thing. As i got more and more restricted I had to eat less and less and give up more things. The gradual loss was way easier for my head to take.
ReplyDeleteI did notice you are eating a lot of soft foods-soup, yogurt, babybelle cheeses. Perhaps more solidy things would help with your poor restriction a little until you get your fill.
I am gagging for a fill here...If I had a hamburger with bun handy I would give it a try for sure!! For now I am filling up on popcorn and adding vegetables back into my food so I can get volume again.
Tina
Hi Yana. I agree with Tina on the soft stuff. I would try for more solid food throughout the day. Greek yogurt has protein, but it's not solid and therefore doesn't stay in your pouch like a more solid protein source would. I avoid soups (I know others eat them) but I find they don't keep me full.
ReplyDelete