Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boring update

So, I've been pretty sick with a nasty sinus infection, but I have been to the Dr. and got a Z-pack (I am usually not so into antibiotics but a) I have no sick days and felt like poopy and b) after my bronchitis that morphed into almost pneumonia right before surgery, I didn't want to mess around) and some nose spray and am on the mend.

And I know I am dehydrated and wasn't so into eating because I couldn't breath and eat at the same time, but I will take my weight loss which read 226 this morning!!!

I don't know if the band is tighter because I was sick or if the fill kicked in later like so many of you have said it does, but I do feel some more restriction that I did earlier in the week, right after my fill. I am less hungry and can eat less and be satisfied, but I am still looking for food in a way that I am not happy with. Head hunger? Maybe.

It's Sunday night, and while I am not happy to be going back to work, I am not dreading it quite as much as I have been. I have decided that while it is a steady paycheck in some hard economic times, I will try to keep my head down and let the crazy roll off my back, while working toward creating a business for myself. Or another job. I'm sure you will continue to hear me bitch and moan about work, but I think that spending too much time dwelling on it outside of the office takes away from my life outside the office that is better filled with other things.

I would like to make Sunday night goals, which shall perhaps become a standard on ye olde blogge...I've been very bad at goals, but I've been thinking about them...

First, some big goals. They are a combination of ARE YOU CRAZY?! and WHY THE HELL NOT?!
1. Run the Brooklyn Half Marathon
2. Be a size 6.
3. Hike up to Machu Pichu. Next May.
4. Buy a house. In Brooklyn.
5. Feel good about my job/work.

Short term goals:
1. Start exercising. 30 minutes twice a week this week. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be a pass, because I am still sick. I have a meeting Wednesday night. Thursday and either Friday/Sat/Sun. Must be!!!
2. Get to 225 lbs, then 220 lbs, then 217 lbs!!! Then I get to start Bikram Yoga!!! Yay!
3. Vitamins. Get on it. Buy liquid vitamins and start taking them daily.
4. Drink more water!!!
5. Start eating yogurt every day again. I have developed a weakness for sweetened yogurt. Must get back to the plain!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried buying plain yogurt and adding fruit to it? It's really good and keeps me away from the regular stuff. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following your blog for a while. We had our surgery on the same day, and you are like 10 pounds ahead of me. I am jealous. I started a blog also a few weeks ago.
    Keep up the good work.
    bandedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete