Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Theatricals

4 crispbreads and 8 slices of salami

trader joe's non fat greek yogurt with a teaspoon of strawberry preserves - much better than plain!

oreo cakesters - 100 cals.

I made and brought a salad from home but wanted something warm...had what I think of as "Chinese" food,  cause "real" Chinese food, in my head, is the bad for you stuff that I used to abuse. I had steamed shrimp and scallops with veggies and garlic sauce on the side. ate most of it, with just a little bit of sauce. ate about 1/2 cup white rice at the end. I wasn't really hungry, but I wanted it.


South Beach Fiber Smores bar - 120 cal.

I headed out of work promptly at six, so I could pick up Eric and we headed up to Times Square. His mom had gotten us tickets to God of Carnage, a really funny play on Broadway. By the time we got there, it was 45 minutes to curtain time, and I was hungry. I got weirdly crazy and cranky. I was hungry, knew I had to rush, and had bad premonitions of what would happen. We walked around for a few minutes looking for where to eat, and I settled on a slice of pizza. It was very thin and crispy, and should've been ok - I had a whole bagel the other day, for god's sake! - but you can guess right now that it wasn't...I ate about half of it, trying to go slow and chew carefully, but I got a little stuck and had to head to the bathroom for a little PB. I was so glad I had Eric who knew what I was going through. This was also after I had a conversation with my Mama about how she was concerned about me having trouble with PB's...HI MAMA!!! I'm fine now! I will be more careful and eat slower!!!

We walked around a bit, and I got a got chai latte to soothe me. Play was great, we walked around a little bit afterwards, and then we headed home...and I am eating a few more slices of salami with crispbread, very very slowly...I think it will be gone today cause Eric is finally helping, and then it will be a while before I bring it back into the house cause I think the fat and salt content is too high for a daily use.





Salad will be lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. eek..Dont you have those I have to eat then eat to fast then end up not getting the food you were so frantic to get down in the first place....ack..I can so relate.

    I try to go for a cup of milky coffee now but not always successful. Keep working on it. You are doing soooo well.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tina-- that happens to me too-- I get so hungry and then I want to gobble my food, which can make me uncomfortable.
    I have only had a couple of PB's-- but have felt stuck several more times than that. bleh.

    Anyhow: congrats on your continued progress!!

    ReplyDelete