The new job is really taking a lot out of me...I don't have a lot of time to think about the band.
I bought some turkey yesterday and it was a little hard going down. I should have learned. But I ate another piece today, before I met with the third set of clients of the day. I conduct business in a language other than English with most clients, and its really hard.
So I was in the meeting, and the practice manager was in there with me, sort of sitting in to supervise. And I got a little stuck. I excused myself from the conference room and went into the back office and he followed me. He was being nice, asking if I was ok, etc...he thought I was freaking out and panicking! So I told him I had weight loss surgery a few months ago, and that once in a while something didn't go down smoothly. He was very nice. He's very big himself, and said something to the effect of "I know that battle" and then we went in and I tried to finish things as smoothly as possible.
I'm not happy about this. On the other hand, it is kind of a relief. Are you out at work?
I ate:
2 LF cheese sticks
greek yogurt and banana
cup of bean and beef chili
one small caramel candy
one piece turkey
3 slices cheese, some salami, and 4 pieces crispbread
raspberries and strawberry yogurt
drank most of a big bottle of water w a protein packet and benefiber


Absolutely not...my kids don't even know. Only my DH and BF. Sounds like he was supportive anyway and maybe you will encourage others to seek out WLS and change their lives. What language do you do you business in???
ReplyDeleteAlmost everyone knows in my life. I told most before i had the surgery and some after. I look at it this way-this surgery is the best and if everyone knows then the idea that some people need weight loss surgery won't be attached to such a sense of failure. This took guts to do and is work to finish. I want everyone to feel like they can use it to help them if they need it too.
ReplyDeleteno way Jose! Not out at work and I don't plan to be anytime soon. I do change my mind a lot though so don't be surprised if I have a post that strangely resembles yours one day soon...
ReplyDeleteI am not out at work, only 5 people know of my surgery (other than you guys) It sounds like he was really good about it. I have to have a team meeting this week and I am super nervous about it. It's hard enough to eat when my boss rides with me and I am sure there will be sandwiches for lunch Friday. I can't eat bread and I'm just not sure what I am going to do yet...
ReplyDeleteI only told my admin (who is very discreet about everything).. other than that no one at work knows.. and I plan to keep it that way.. I work with too many men and I don't want to give them one bit of an idea of what the band is like.. I know people immediately start to think of the band as the easy way out.. and its not..
ReplyDeleteI came out to a few and my co workers helped me with telling everyone else LOL ~ no problem, I'd just rather spread my own business..
ReplyDeleteSome of the people at work know about my surgery and are very supportive but I did not tell everyone.
ReplyDeleteI am out at work. I tell everybody that I team up with because its just easier than trying to hide it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't told anyone at work and have no plans to do so. I am not close with many there anyway. I have told just a few friends and family and asked that they don't spread the word. I think you did the right thing though in letting your boss know. Otherwise he may have been thinking almost anything. You could maybe give him some more info and ask that he keep your confidence. Just let him know that sometimes food reacts poorly with the band.
ReplyDeleteI only told one person at work. I'm just not ready to do that yet. I don't want to be put under a microscope and judged - too much pressure for me!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Dawn B... except I've told 2 people at work -- I stay on the down low.
ReplyDeleteMy family and very few friends know.
I am not out at work. My boss knows, but that's it. And I had to tell him because I have to have the time off to go to my fill appointments. My doctors office is three hours away so it takes a whole day to get up there and back. That's it though. Some members of my family don't even know. I intend to keep it that way.
ReplyDelete