I am in shopping hell - my new job requires that I dress quite formally, and I am officially in shopping HELL!!!
I am now firmly on the borderline between Plus and Regular Sizes. Which means I can't find anything that fits properly! If anyone has advice on where to get size 18 Regular of 16W suits, please chime in.
I did buy a few suits from the Resale store in size 16R, but they don't fit yet, and probably won't, for another 15-20 lbs. Right now I have one purple suit in a 16W that fits (I hate it, but it fits) but it's purple, so I can't wear it more than once a week, and one black suit in a 16W. The lining is ripped, but it's a black suit, so I can wear it a lot. That's it! I have one pair of black pants that are kinda casual and getting really big (from Linda! - thanks! I wore them 3X a week at my last job!), a pair of black pants that just got a huge bleach stain on them on Friday,,,dead!, and a structured skirt that I can wear. I have a few tops as well, and some lovely sweaters (thanks, Gen!). It's suits and bottoms that are the bane of my existence! And I can't find anything that fits me properly - either too small or too big or just really cheap and chintzy - as a !awyer who sees clients on a daily basis, I have to look pretty swank. I try to always accessorize nicely, etc., but the clothing situation is out of control! I will try to head over to Bloomingdale's after Bloggie Band Brunch today and see if I can find something there, but I was hoping not to spend an arm and a leg. So any advice, ladies?!


Award time...come see my blog!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. While I am not anywhere near a size 16 (yet) everything I own is getting big. I already sent off two giant boxes of clothes to a pre-bandster but I don't fit into any new size quite right to fill my closet back up. Everything is either way too big or way too small. Frustrating!! I hope you find some stuff this weekend!
ReplyDeleteFILENE'S basement. There is one in Chelsea, but I prefer the one on the UWS. It's less crowded, they have a women's section and there is nobody ever there. It can be hit or miss, but I found some great stuff there and at fantastic prices. See you later this morning!! xoox
ReplyDeleteHi Yana-you should try to find a good tailor or seamstress who can alter your clothes. That way you can invest in a few good suits/pieces and then have them made smaller. Not as costly as buying new stuff every few months. Or maybe I am watching too much Stacey from What Not to Wear! She is always telling people to have their clothes tailored. Good luck and hope you guys had a nice lunch.
ReplyDelete