Let's see...work = sh*tstorm, sh*tstorm, followed by me smoking cigarette's I shouldn't, being told I have an amazing personality but am a terrible employee, sh*tstorm, sh*tstorm, the (.) from hell that wouldn't stop...I finally went home early (a whole hour and a half) because I couldn't manage the situation...this is way, way, way TMI, but I remember that horrible dream you have when you first get your period? The one where all of a sudden things are, shall I say, unchecked? Check. I was going through supers in 1.5 hours.
At least manager and bossman are now terrified that I have some "medical emergency" and were very nice about me going home. Boss actually texted me and said my health is the most important thing and to take all the time I needed. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow morning, and if it continues through the night, I will go in.
Has anyone else had something like this happen? To be fair, I am a PCOS lady, and super irregular. My dr gave me some pills to induce a (.), but I've taken them before, and it's never been like this. Last one was early December. Also, my friend gave me a Reiki treatment which induced my period last time. Maybe I should be careful with that Reiki stuff...
I am home, I have books to read, I just ate 2 samosas from the Pakistani cafe around the corner, had a little ginger ale - I'm sick, and therefore entitled, along with a single serving bag of Cheezits and two Reece's cups.


I hope your days get better. They sound pretty awful right now. And remember you don't need an excuse (like you're sick) to eat what you want. You have the band.
ReplyDeleteHeavy (.). Haven't had them for awhile but when my hormones changed with perimenopause it was so heavy I was stunned. Anyway, I would use 10 supers for 2-3 days and then it would just stop. But since you have a doctor's appt you can ask. I'd stick to the Reiki and leave out the drug ;D.
Anyway, get lots of rest and hope you feel better soon. Bonus-you get to catch up on on your blogs.
I hate to say this, but with my PCOS I have had similar things happen. It once lasted 4 weeks with at least a quarter of those days being very heavy. I had my iron tested several times, but luckily I was ok. I won't say it is "normal" as you should see a doctor, but I don't think it is abnormal for people with PCOS. If I remember right I think I read that if it goes on for more than two days you need to get it checked out b/c it could be signs of issues. Hopefully, it is just the PCOS and the PCOS goes away as you loss more weight!!!
ReplyDeleteI had the problem but it was a peri-menopause issue. The good news is that losing weight has helped a ton with that particular issue. Hopefully losing weight will even out your PECOS problems as well. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. On one occasion I did need to get it stopped as I was very low in iron after about 2 days. It was funny really because the doctor didn't believe me at first and then you should have seen her face when she looked at my blood counts-better safe than sorry I say. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry no help here but please go and get it checked out and don't assumeit is from the PCOS...take care
ReplyDeleteTake iron supplements until you get it fixed! Feel better!
ReplyDeleteHey Yana- never had a period that heavy before, I imagine it's awful- are you getting cramping, too?
ReplyDeleteGen's suggestion sounds like a good one. Stay strong. This too shall pass (sooner rather than later, I hope!)