Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Possibly the most embarassing thing ever to happen

I was hungry this am, so I ate a string cheese on the way to the subway. Same way I usually do, except I haven't had any the past two weeks.

I took small bites, chewed well. Per usual. I sometimes eat two on my way to work if I am hungry.

I ended up "vomiting" saliva on a semi crowded subway platform. I swallowed for a long time, kept breathing, kept breathing...and out it came! Not the cheese,  mind you, just the saliva...seemed like there was a liter of it. Semi projectile, had some force behind it...It was very easy, no retching, nothing. Band/stomach wasn't sore or anything. I was M.O.R.T.I.F.I.E.D. I scurried to the other end of the platform and refused to look up and see who was looking at me.

Rest of the day was fine. Lots of tea, as I find it hard to take large sips, and I tend to do that with plain water. Hot tea I have to drink slowly. a handful of sunchips. Got a bento box for lunch. Had the miso soup. 2 small dumplings. small portion chicken teriyaki. 4 pieces california roll. left the rice and the rest of the roll. One small square of dark chocolate. Going to go meet my cousin tonight. Planning on a small slice of really good pizza and a few cocktails - I love my Dark & Stormies! It's a belated bday celebration, so I hope I won't gain - I am hoping to be a bit more down tomorrow in the am from the weekend's excesses!

Post Script - couldn't even manage half of a small thin crust slice. Only had about a quarter of my drink. Home now - had a small serving of Pop chips, three finn crisps with hummus and 5 olives. Planning on a strawberry yogurt as well.

13 comments:

  1. Okay that sounds pretty embarrassing! I have had only a handful of sliming incidents and they all took place in the same spot - hovering over my bathroom sink!

    Hope you feel better. I can't really eat dumplings any more, sort of a drag. That lunch sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Yana! That sucks big time. Hope it was your one and only time for that business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I've never slimed, but I can imagine how embarrassing it is. I have however dry heaved for like 5 minutes in the middle of Giant (grocery store) when I was pregnant. I'm going to think it was the same embarrassment level, but I didn't know any of those people and neither did you today so F'em.
    Hope tomorrow id better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart, that sounds awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had that happen to me once in Costco! I will never, NEVER go for their samples again. I PB'd so hard right in the middle of an aisle. I had slime on my chin, down my shirt, the works. Embarrassing. So, I know how mortifying it can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup-been there done that. Usually I can get to my car. I almost had a problem in front of my client today!! I slime when I eat too much/too fast. A stuck episode is way more painful and frankly I can usually get to cover (aka bathroom or private location) when it is a stuck problem.

    You might have to stop eating on the go at some point. OH....ZIPLOCK bags! carry them...at least you have something to pb into instead of on the floor or down the front of your shirt. They have saved my backside many a time.


    On a good note----you have restriction baby!! :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I hate that stuff.

    Just yesterday at school, I knew I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.. so I snuck into an empty classroom and puked (I'm talking PUKE puke, not just PB or slime) in the garbage. It was sooooo gross. But at least I was alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I had a PB incident on a piece of string cheese yesterday as well! It was a real Monday for sure. I was "fortunate" enough to be able to do my thing in the bathroom at work, but it went on for far too long.

    Wonder what is up with the cheese? I've been eating it for a really long time now with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Tina, my incidences are usually slimming, not a full on PB or stuck episode. Saturday, I had the same thing happen to me at a taco joint!! I knew that bathroom was in use so I was hoping to wait it out.

    I thought that I just had to burp a little, but out came the slime in my hand! And I am sure that a man seated across the room, but facing me saw it! Talk about mortified. Then I spent the next half hour in the bathroom slimming!! I almost didn't make it to my Doctors appointment. It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry for you that happened! thanfully i've never pb'ed or slimed in a public place like that. the occasional public bathroom, but sometimes it can't be avoided.
    i've also had issues with string cheese. i can't eat in the morning at all if i'm at proper restriction. and a very small lunch, then a larger than average dinner, but that's where i get most of my calories. then usually i go for a walk after.
    well, i hope that never happens to you again. so sorry and that must have been awful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear about your pb in public:( sounds like you are in the green zone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its the worst feeling! I get all panicky now when I feel stuck...I need to work thru it, calm down and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweetie I feel for you! That stuff has only happened in private for me and I always wondered what if it happened in public. I guess I always figured I'd just act like i had to puke. Which would pretty much be embarrassing too. I guess the bright side is that you weren't with anyone you knew!

    ReplyDelete