So, I've decided I'm going to take a break from journaling/posting all my eating for a while. It's become stressful and I feel guilty that it is another thing I need to keep up with, so I'm taking it easy with that. I've been losing steadily and getting stuck/PB'ing much less, so I think my habits are in a decent place.
In other news, I hit 234.5 on Tuesday morning. Bounced back up to 237 yesterday, and down to 235 today.
What does this mean? First, I am 5 lbs away from a very solid goal - 50 lbs down from my consult weight.
What else does this mean? I know I was over 280 lbs. I stopped weighing myself for a while, once I hit 283, but I am certain I was over 285. This means I am 50 lbs lighter than I was a year ago. The changes?
1. My knees and ankles don't hurt anymore, and my ankles don't get swollen.
2. I actually chose the subway trip that has an extra change, with extra stairs. And I jog up them, instead of plodding, out of breath, and going out of my way to take elevators and less transfers with less stairs.
3. I have virtually flipped my closet, from the worn out sorry size 20's that I was squeezing myself into, to the best of the best I had saved from years ago, some donations from the sisterhood, and a few new purchases that are 16W or even a regular 16 from Old Navy.
4. I feel great about myself, most of the time - I had a moment last night in cardio-kickboxing because I had put together a particularly unflattering outfit. But, my confidence grows every day, and it helped me find a new job that is ramping up to take on more responsibility all the time.
5. I went to cardi kickboxing - I dropped out after 25 minutes last night, because my bra and pants were just too big - boobs were falling out all over the place, and the pants were falling down and showing skin under a too-short tee shirt. BUT, I went to cardio kickboxing and lasted for 25 minutes! It was hard in parts, but I made modifications and was going to stick with it but for all the wardrobe malfunctions. Good thing Gen and Southern Belle sent me some gym clothes, so I can get rid of those old pants that I LOVED for all my fat years. I haven't been exercising very much - this was the first time in the gym in a month, but...
6. All of my physical activities are easier. From shaving my legs to carrying groceries to whatever...and I do more physical activity, to making an extra trip upstairs when I've forgotten something or getting off one subway stop early - I am incorporating more movement into my daily life.
7. I am looking forward to seeing friend that I hadn't seen in a while, instead of dreading it.
I will post yesterdays eating, old habit, I guess, and some reflections afterward:
cup of tea w Splenda and dash half and half
.5 Muscle Milk light, chocolate milk flavor - yuck
Stoneyfield Farms strawberry yogurt drink - a small one
.5 fiber cracker w hummus plus one olive in the am, on the way to work.
3 fiber crackers w 3 slices Havarti cheese - late lunch
1 chocolate candy
an amazing dinner - about .25 glass white wine
app: scallops with chickpeas and hibiscus reduction - I had .75 of one scallop and about 6 chickpeas. Eric got the balance
2nd app: shortribe trio: braised, broiled, and jerked with celeriac puree, ramp kimchee, and cabbage/mushroom slaw - had a leetle bite of each. OK, two Leeeeeeetle bites of the broiled short rib with ramp kimchee - delicious. I would say I ate less than 1/5 of the dish.
And I was tight tight tight.
The initial impetus for going out to dinner was that I wanted a burger, or some burger. We ordered a burger to share after the two apps. It took me about one hour to get down three small bites of the patty, a few nibbles of the delicious Portuguese bun, and a few french fries. It was kind of disappointing, because it was delicious. But it will be there again...and I lost two pounds by this morning!
This is real restriction, I guess...it's not too tight, because I can eat, but I can't eat much. Very hard to eat in the morning, it actually takes me time to get stuff down, even liquids. I try not to drink cold beverages, especially in the morning, as it makes me super tight.
I'm enjoying food, tasting things, but being very careful to chew and take my time. I find myself at the table much longer than other people, and actually got a compliment on it Friday night - I wish I had the discipline not to bolt my food right away, someone said. I smiled and thanked her and told her I had been working on it.


You are doing so well. I just love your list of changes. It is so motivating to see others working the band. You're going strong-keep it up!
ReplyDeletewaaahooo---You are doing awesome. I think those little extra activities you are doing more than make up for gaps in the hard exercise. Those things are about living more actively. I am soooo impressed!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great Yana. I'm so jealous of your two pound drop overnight! I'm dying for one of those. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have to say I am going to miss your journaling! You are doing great & I love following your progress.
ReplyDeletei always have a 3-5lb gain before and during my (.)! sometimes it sucks to be a lovely lady!
ReplyDeleteDamn hormones!
Have a great weekend!