Scale today is UP 3.5 lbs!!! WTF?
Obviously I need the accountability of writing up my daily food.
I ate:
1 cup raspberry kefir
small potion turkey/black bean chili with a fried egg
1.5 finn crisps w butter
1 Cadberry egg
5 olives
over 6 hours, I ate 6 mozarella sticks - one portion - and about a third of a portion of chicken parm plus 1/4 of the pasta that came with it.
the top crust off a roll
dark chocolate crumbles in the bottom of the chocolate covered matzoh container - I have no shame. They were from Jacques Torres, peoples! - but we are talking less than one bite.
OK, so there was a little chocolate. And the cheese sticks were excessive. But still, 3.5 lbs!?!?
Also, I was able to drink more easily, so I had about two quarts of water with benefiber. I feel my restriction easing up a LEETLE bit, which is ok - I had to be super careful this past week, and it's not like I've started eating the world.
Two things - I probably had a lot of salt yesterday, and man is it good - I added salt to the chili, the egg, the chicken and pasta, and the cheese and olives had a lot of salt to begin with.
Second thing is that my Doc had me start a ten day cycle of hormones to induce a cycle. That's a (.). She said it's not healthy not to have one for more than 3-4 months, and my last one was early December, after my friend gave me a Reiki treatment. So I am doing this course of hormones, so I guess I probably have PMS, or at the very least have some sort of hormonal cause for my weight...
I used to eat so so so much more than what I had yesterday, and not gain 3.5 lbs - I know everyone has wondered about this before, but if 1 lb lost = 3500 calories burned, then how can I gain the equivalent of over 10,000 calories when I only ate at MAX 2500?


It's all water so don't fret too much. I too think it is the hormones-YIKES! I'm sure it will stabilize and you'll go down in weight. Keep the faith.
ReplyDeleteWater weight - just go easy on salt and carbs today, you will be right back on track!
ReplyDeleteSounds like alot of sodium laden stuff to me. Also, hormones. They are ever changing and effect our bodies immensely. They can make us retain water or lose it.
ReplyDeleteI can easily gain 3 pounds in one day from too much salt, but the good thing is easy come easy go. Good luck, your weight loss total is so impressive, I hope to do that well!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the salt water weight.. I noticed that right away.. Any yes my weight can swing 3 lbs no problem.
ReplyDeletePS you were right about the fill amount.. doc did give me .5, little did I know I was already at 8.. be well Yana.. tomorrow is another day.
I have many of these days in the last month, but I am buckling down, and it came off...makes for an annoying start to the day tho..grrr
ReplyDelete