Thursday, April 29, 2010

Big pharma is awesome! And some NSVs.

Well, I gots to tell you that there are two reasons today is looking up...the first one is the Xanax I popped after I realized I was ready for my daily sob session this morning at seven thirty...the second is that I am so close to 50 lbs down, I can taste it! I was 231 this morning, and 231.5 when I got home!

I will be leaving my job, but it's hard to do it without a place to go...I haven't been the most responsible girl, and don't have a lot of cushion, besides the one on my tushy, which is shrinking by the day...my favorite body part, by the way, and I hope it doesn't go too far. So I am beginning the search. I really don't want to have to drug myself to go to work everyday, but I got to tell you, that it was SOOOOO much better not being terrified all day that I was going to screw up, disappoint someone, get yelled at, etc...so I think I will continue this. I can't deal with the stress...it'd be one thing if I was stressed about just having a lot to do, but this is stress about not knowing how to read my boss's mind...and that makes me f*ck up, and then he really has something to be upset about.

So I have begun sending out resumes and talking to people...it's a little difficult, because I was bragging to everyone about my great new job...and now I have to ask them if they have any leads for another one. I don't want people to think I am flaky or not a hard worker, but I am not willing to deal with the upsetting level of stress that I have been putting up with the last two weeks. I think I will leave him off my resume, and if it comes up, I will be diplomatic and say that it wasn't a good fit. If anyone pushes it, I will say that the position I was presented with was not what happened. Or maybe some of you HR people can help me come up with a good line!

OH, and holy NSV - E came home a little while ago, exhausted and hungry and wanted to order chinese food. And I asked for some steamed shrimp dumplings. And that's it!!! No chicken and broccoli in garlic sauce, no general tso's, not scallion pancakes or spring rolls, rice or noodles...chinese food is my bete noir, and I've beaten it!

Although yesterday I ate from the Chinese buffet...but do you know how much my lunch cost? $1.84!!! 3 scallops, one shrimp ball, and a mini veggie spring roll. Hah, Gen, beat that cheap lunch! ;)

7 comments:

  1. I think we've all had jobs that weren't a good fit, if you're lucky you get out early. One job with a short tenure shouldn't effect you too much, it's a history of job hopping that looks bad on a resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, a lunch cheaper than ours? WOW!

    So proud of you beating the Chinese monster. Major NSV.

    And the job...you absolutely did the right thing, and I agree with Linda on the short tenure thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are now offically a cheap date. I think I can feel the lightness in your post now that you have decided to leave. And you are not a flake either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the job search goes well. And you are right to have your story straight if anyone asks. Not a good fit is excellent and leave it at that. And I see a big 50 in your near future. And I agree with Girl Bandit-you're the cheapest date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother used to always say, "When one door closes another one opens." Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell them the job is not a good fit for you and that it is best for you & the company to move on.

    ReplyDelete