Holy moly...this was a BAD weekend...the scale was up to 239.5 this am, which is absolutely the highest I will accept - there will be NO 240-anything ever again! I've been busy planning what I will do when I am 50 lbs down, and here I am gaining instead of losing!
I did come up with a great 50 lb down "reward" - I'm going to cut my hair into a sharp long bob, color it (at home) a darker brown than it is now (I have some highlights that I am DONE with), and get a Brazilian Keratin Treatment so it is smooth and frizz free.
Yesterday I went to brunch with a good friend - I ended up having less than a 1/4 of a bloody mary, 3/4 of a slice of rye toast with melted cheddar cheese, a few bites of potatoes, and less than half of a chocolate stoat cake with cream cheese frosting - very little of the frosting.
It was actually a frustrating brunch because the food was interesting and delicious, and I didn't eat about 80% of the food on my plate -was getting sticky - not PB, but not good - that's why I had the cake, it went down easy. That's not a great solution.
Then in the evening, I decided I wanted Chinese food, so my friend and I ordered - I ended up eating the outside of a spring roll and the shrimp inside it - the veggies were too fibrous for me. And about 3/4 of the chicken in a broccoli and chicken in garlic sauce. Tried the broccoli, too fibrous as well, so it was just chicken and an ENTIRE container (small Chinese take out container) of white rice.*** Plus a fortune cookie. And two strawberry yogurts.
*** Just had a thought - what I've been doing, when ordering take out recently was to open it in the kitchen, serve myself a small serving, and leave the container in the kitchen while I eat in the living room. When I finish, I tell myself to just wait a little bit, you can have more if you want to in a little bit. And mostly I haven't been getting up to get more. Last night, in the interest of saving dishes, we brought it all into the living room and ate out of the take out containers...and I ate a lot more. Has anyone else noticed this?
I'm chalking it up to PMS type cravings and being VERY VERY virtuous today - lots of water. Cheese sticks for breakfast. Plain Greek yogurt for lunch. Veggies soup for snack. Zone bar for a snack. We'll see about dinner. It's not a punishment regime, I just want to see how much of it was the weekend indulgence in fat gain vs. salt/booze/water retention.


i have noticed that i eat more when i have a larger portion in front of me. i chalk it up to being part of the "clean your plate" generation. i actually have toddler dishes and silverware and that really helps me keep the portion control down. it also helps me eat slower since the silverware is smaller.
ReplyDeletei do what you do as well, i think i'm hungry then i wait about 10 minutes. if i'm still hungry i eat. if i'm not, i don't.
Yana - your comment about bringing the food into the living room is actually a classic psychological study about portion sizes. Having it right in front of you is just like having it on your plate in terms of accessibility and there are many studies that show that eating off of a larger plate or serving yourself a larger portion automatically means that you'll eat more of it. I think this is why measuring can be so successful becuase you measure the amount you want, put the rest away and then truly have to make a conscious decision of whether or not you need more (i.e., your leaving it in the kitchen) Good luck! p.s. I may have clothes for you.
ReplyDeletePMSing SUCKS!
ReplyDeleteI think a new shorter haircut would be a phenomenal 50 lbs down incentive! Can't wait to see it!
ReplyDelete