Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here's a pic!

 Got a new power supply yesterday, so I can finally take my time and read all your blogs and comment!

Here's a fun NSV - I snapped a picture of myself in the mirror Monday morning trying on a dress I had bought years ago. It was always tight, but it fit beautifully...I posted it on Facebook from my Blackberry, and let me tell you...the compliments began! It was so nice to hear! Here is the pic - I wore this dress to work today because my boss was in the office and I wanted to look especially nice. With heels, although not the ones I had in the picture. I paired it with a lovely russet brown cardi from J Crew that Gen gifted me with, and I felt awesome!

Friends that I haven't heard from in ages and ages were commenting on how nice I looked. Several people asked me my secret - my posted answer was the I channel Joan Holloway, who is a sexy secretary in Mad Men, the TV show. One old work friend asked me more concretely in a private message, and I told her. She also struggles with her weight, and I directed her to check out some blogs. She's thinking about getting banded as well, so I offered to be whatever help I could. It was so important to me to talk to people that had gone ahead and done it before making my decision, so I definitely want to help out!

Went to Dr Wednesday am. Saw the nurse, Frank, because I was in a rush. He has an even easier hand than Dr. K, and she has a light touch herself. They don't numb the area the way some people write about, but I think a shot of lidocaine would be more painful than the actual fill needle. The trick is just not to look at it! Frank also suggests doing a little crunch during the fill.

 Told him all the details how I was feeling, including that I was having PBs the first week after my last fill, but am feeling better, eating slower and chewing better, but have started to eat a lot more - yesterday I ate 2/3 of my leftover chicken and broccoli - only a few bites of brown rice and I let a lot of the sauce drain off onto the rice I didn't eat.

He suggested .4 cc's. I told him I didn't want to push it, but he thought it would be fine. And I am feeling fine. Had a little water in the office, then a small steamed milk w/sugarfree caramel from Star$. Now am sipping on a strawberry banana Viviano smoothie. 280 calories. 15g protein, 7g fiber! That's a pretty good drink - and it is delicious, with no protein yuck at all! I waited about two hours to drink it so it was melty and not cold - Frank mentioned that I should do WARM liquids for the next two days, then mushies - so I am trying to stay to room temp liquids, and definitely nothing iced! Also had the liquid from a miso soup and half an isopure.

Maybe part of the problem last time was that I ate solid food earlier than they recommend. This time I am not going to! Two days liquids, two days mushies, and I can start solid food on Sat night at the wedding. My mom said to me that maybe I should wait and get my fill after the wedding, but I thought why? Save my appetite for country club wedding food? It's not a dinner at Per Se.

By the way, according to their scales, I lost five lbs. Next appointment in 2 weeks in brooklyn, I will cancel if I don't need it. With Gaspar, who I have met, but haven't had him do a fill for me. Then have appointment w dr. k in may.

Thursday morning - 238! The liquid diet works, but I was definitely a bit hungry. I also had quite the indulgence last night - three Dark and Stormy cocktails (dark rum, ginger beer, and fresh lime juice) at a local bar with a friend from my last job. He also went to the same college I went to, which was full of lovely nerds. Before I knew it, we had spent four hours in a lovely back garden, discussed work, working together in the future, how to be a humane !awyer with a certain standard for yourself...I complained about my boss, he told me about working at some small firms, we discussed literature and journalism and trans-nationalism, travel and racial identity...we talked about how people can close their eyes against what really goes on the world, about love and happiness, about the search for fulfillment...in general, it was a lovely evening of like minded chatting...met up at 8.30, after work. Next thing I knew, it was 1 am...when I staggered home and cuddled up to Eric...we keep missing each other...poor guy got up at 5 am to go to work...

This am, I've had a small Stonyfield farms strawberry drinkable yogurt. Sipping on some tea with lemon and splenda. Have half an isopure. Moved off of straight liquids in the afternoon, when I had minestrone soup with overcooked veggies and beans, no pasta...chewed super well, and all was good.

Now home, made some mashed potatoes with garlic and a little half and half, served it up with some hi protein farmer cheese - it's like dry cottage cheese and very tasty. Will eat slowly. Had a Cadburry egg this afternoon, and they only came in a pack of 4 - haven't had any other easter candy...might have another one later...Put some black beans on to cook, and will make some turkey chili, except I have no tomatoes and am too lazy to get them, so will saute onion and garlic and ground turkey with lots of cumin, add a can of tomato soup and some red wine and let it all cook a while. I think it will be delicious!

I'm so excited to catch up on all your blogs and start commenting! And soon, I promise, I will do a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants post!

xx,
me

13 comments:

  1. You look AMAZING!!!!! You sound great Yana. Hope to see you sometime soon! Oh, and Gaspar is fantastic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! check out your tiny nipped waist :-) the last time i had a dark & stormy was about 15 years ago in bermuda! yummm

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and pic! I am glad things are going so well for you. and way to go with the fill before the wedding! I have had so many family members and friends suggest I hold off on a fill until after a foody event. heck those foody events are what got me fat in the first place.

    I have never had a dark and stormy...will have to give one a try sometime.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yana, you look totally awesome. Big difference even since our brunch! Rock on, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Yana, you look amazing in that dress! Joan is my role model! Good to have you back in blog land! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yana you look so good and I can tell my your blog that you are in a really great place!!! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pic - you look wonderful! I really enjoy the honesty you put into your blog :)

    ReplyDelete