but I didn't quite make it! Mortgage stress continues. To sum it up, if any of you have gotten a mortgage recently, you may know about mortgage insurance. As of monday, the funding fee for mortgage insurance has gone down about 50% which sounds great, but that gets financed over 30 years, so the difference in monthly payments on that cost is only about 10 dollars. However, the monthly fee has almost doubled! So what we have to pay every month is about 200 more than we initially bargained for BECAUSE my initial mortgage rep never put in the application a month ago when I submitted all my documentation to him!
I've switched lenders and locked in yesterday at a much better rate, but the biggest problem is that for the type of loan I am getting, the rent roll for the building (we are buying a three family) must cover the monthly costs. And with the monthly costs going up by 200 dollars, it is going to be super tight. We might still be able to pull it off, but it will probably involve buying points, more than we would prefer.
Anyway, on to food:
I had a bunch of mustard and onion pretzels in the am, but kept feeding them to my coworkers so I would eat less.
Lunch was a fairly low fat veal stew I had concocted in the crockpot with a little bit of mashed potatoes my coworker brought in.
No afternoon snack, it took me the entire afternoon to chew and eat my stew with all the craziness and interruptions.
Dinner was a thank you from my friend that I had sent some work. She offered up Sushi Samba, and I am afraid I overindulged a little bit, but not too badly. We had yellow tail sashimi/ceviche taquitos (had one), tempura shrimp with truffles, a spicy lobster roll w passion fruit sauce and a king crab roll with avocado wasabi sauce. Boof gyoza. And for a dessert, Valrhona Chocolate Fondue! But it wasn't a very big portion. I also had a mocktail with my friend that was coconut, pinapple and mango. All was delicious, I ate slowly and really enjoyed everything.
My restriction seems a little loser, which is weird because I haven't really lost weight. I am concerned that my eating binges over the last few days (and by binges they are definitely bandster binges) have caused me to stretch my pouch/band. On the other hand, I am still super tight in the mornings. The big indication is that I haven't had reflux in a while and I slept without extra pillows last night!


Still sending you good thoughts for your mortgage!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd if you are worried you stretched your pouch (I don't think so since your still restricted in the morning but I wouldn't know anything about that or a stretched ouch yet), I have heard of other people trying the 5-day pouch test. I think thats what its called...I haven't done it so i don't really know what its all about... hers a line..http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html
Good luck with the mortgage stuff!!
ReplyDeleteI tried a modified 5 day pouch test and it did make a difference...you should read about it and see if its something you could try.
Just wanted to let you know I was banded right around the same time as you and we are almost the same loss. I am at 60. My doc said 75 was a good goal for a year. I know others have lost a lot more in the same time frame but some are counting what they lost pre surgery. i also know lots of others who have had it before us and lost the same or less than what we have.
ReplyDeleteDD
www.bandedup.blogspot.com