Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday October 16 2010

My title is the least creative of all time.

Just a list of food...ate some minestrone for breakfast at noon. Came back up. I should note that when stuff comes up, it is very easy...it is not "vomiting" the way I felt when I threw up from flu or food poisoning or too much to drink in the past before I was banded. It just doesn't belong inside and when I need to get it out it just exits...no muss, no fuss. Certainly not something to aim for, but nothing painful and time consuming like others have described it.

I ordered some Thai take out...shrimp dumplings, veggie spring roll, and shrimp and pineapple rice and mango rice. I ate some of all of it and it came up again. all of it. I waited a while, and I ate some more, much slower and it was fine. I think it's been a combination that I just can't eat early in the day, as in before mid-afternoon, and I was probably eating too fast.

Had a few cocktails in the evening then went for mexican. I had a few chips with guac, 3/4 of a steak tostada and two shrimp nachos.

This morning I tried to eat brunch at 1 pm...potato pancake and poached egg. Didn't work. All came back. And I even tried to prime the pump with lots of hot tea. I tried a little more after with gobs of sour cream to lube it up and that went down fine.
Had a chai latte afterwards.

I'm not at all sore from this...that I know of...but I am sure this isn't great.

2 comments:

  1. Having things coming up all that often sound really annoying :( I'm sorry to hear that it keeps happening for you

    I'm never sure where to respond to comments people leave for me... i don't know where is best..so.. I would really appreciate some winter things! thats so nice of you to offer! I'm not sure if its too late but the next time I'm home is around Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might not be sore but i bet you are pretty swollen which adds to nothing staying down, i went through a long period like that, it sucks! what worked for me was doing a day of liquids then a day of mush and gradually added solids...but then again my version of "coming back up" is pretty hard & violent so being swollen might just be me!

    ReplyDelete