Last night I did get hungry, so I checked out fridge for supplies...three ears of CSA (community supported agriculture) corn, a bumper crop of tomatoes...
Cut two small onions into a large dice and sear them over high heat with just a dash (less than 1/2 a teaspoon) of oil. Add kosher salt and black pepper, and remove once they have some nice color, even if they are not completely cooked. Add in another dash of oil and three ears of corn, cut off the cob. Salt, black pepper, chipotle pepper (.5 t) and cumin (1.5 T). Cook to get some sear/color on the corn. In a small non-stick pan, cook on finely diced jalepeno pepper (I deseeded, cause it was a hot one based on the others I bought) and 4 large cloves of garlic. Once they get some nice color, at the corn, along with the onions and 3-4 tomatoes, diced large WITH all the juice. Cook until all veggies are soft to how you like them. Add a little water if the pan gets dry, as the whole thing should stay saucy. Season to taste, and voila! If I had some fresh cilantro I would throw that in at the end.
I served it in a bowl, with an indulgent tablespoon of sour cream and two fried eggs. And that was my delicious dinner.
I went back for snacky and had these garlic flat-breads with butter. Eh. And they gave me the 'burn, but no too bad. Sleeping with extra pillows helps a lot, except when I work my way around to sleeping on my stomach with my face down against the mattress...
Today E asked me to join him on a tour of McMansions on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn so he can put together a proposal for a client who likes that sort of thing. Instead of just driving around, we'll drive, park, and walk around to look at things. I'm wearing sneakers so I can't complain.


Hey Yana.. just dropping a line to say HI and to tell you that your B/A pics show fantastic progress.. and I will be here supporting and rooting you on!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds YUMMY! Will have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for the exercise! My sister and I have been doing that too in our neighborhood in the Bronx, fun to look at all those houses.