Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Opportunities

The different thing the New Year from just about every other (except last year) is that I truly feel like I have a new chance to fulfill my own expectations, as opposed to a punishing resolve.

I have a few simple goals, and the first one is to be honest and make sure that I stay accountable to myself and to you guys for all of them.

1. Hydration - I am hereby making a resolution to drink 64 ounces a day.
2. Exercise - I am hereby making a resolution to exercise 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I'm going to be flexible, and count a 90 minute Bikram session as three days of exercise, etc. But I want 150 minutes of exercise a week.
3. Diet - There are a lot of components here.
One is to seek a therapist to talk to some of my (still existing) emotional/stress eating. Also, I want to make sure I am eating consciously. My goal, to break it down, is to first find out what my health insurance covers, and then several therapists that are covered by insurance and then schedule an interview with them to find out if I want to work with them. I also want to write about my issues and get some feedback from you all.
Second is to resolve my heartburn/PB issues. E has noticed that I have been having night coughing and that I throw up or slime a lot. This should be an exception rather than a rule, and that was the case in the beginning where I was terrified of it. I became more casual about it, tossing it off as something that just happens. Well, it shouldn't hardly ever! So I might need to get a bit of fluid taken out, make a really concerted efforts to loose a few pounds (a hard core Bikram effort helped last time with that) and make sure I am eating slowly and carefully and chewing really well.
Third, increase my daily protein - track my protein at first for a goal of 60 grams per day.

one cup tea
3/4 cup Amy's Organic Butternut Squash Soup
one teeny slice cheese
Fage 2% with strawberry - 10g protein
1 egg with two small spoons of hash browns - 6 g protein (I had a PB halfway through so I took a break but a while later I was still hungry so I had the rest with no problems)
one cup tea
one quarter chocolate chip cookie
1/2 cup mushroom barley soup with grated cheese dusting and indian lentil cake croutons
2 toasted slices rosemary baguette with scraping of butter

1 comment:

  1. This is a solid plan Yana! I'll be following to see how things proceed. I know you can do it and I appreciate all of your support!

    Heather
    gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete