Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm not dead, I just broke my butt!

So last week I slipped and fell during the ice storm and came down on my tailbone. Needless to say, it is incredibly painful. I've been to the doc, had an xray, and may have an MRI this week. However, there is no treatment for broken/chipped/fractured tailbones, just rest and time.

So this coincided with one of my BFF's coming into town from the Middle East where she lives with her hubs and kiddo 1, who she left at home, but she did bring kiddo 1.6 - she's about 6 months preggo.

So my tushy hurt and she was preggo and it was one of the coldest days ever - we holed up in her luxe hotel room in midtown for three nights, ordered take out, cupcakes, read, watched movies and talked about life. She's one of those friends that can go 8 months without talking and then in 20 minutes we are right back to it. I actually had some deep thoughts about what I need to be doing with my life, not just with regards to weight loss but also my relationship and career.

Needless to say, my exercise has been nil. Eating has been poor in terms of choices, but I have tried to make sure I was getting protein over carbs and portions were decent. Excess sweets, though.

Ah, today is a new day...

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about the pain in the butt!! I have a friend like that-we don't talk for ages and then right back at it in minutes. Glad you had a great time and hope you get your butt back in gear soon. OK, you made me do it with your title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love friendships like that. Hope your butt is better soon :/

    ReplyDelete