I think we know that a lot of the times when a blogger disappears for a while, that means they don't feel happy with how they are doing bandwise...and I'm not.
I've gained back 3 lbs from my low of 224.5. And if it was just bouncing that wouldn't be so bad, but I've been eating crap. And more crap. And feeling bad about it, promising myself I will stop, and not doing it...
You can't tell from looking at me. As a matter of fact, last Friday I wore a size 16 suit from Anne Taylor Loft that I bought back in February at a resale shop cause it was only $35. I "knew" I would fit into it one day, but I couldn't really see that day...but it came...it's still snug, but it fit and I felt good in it. I went shopping yesterday for a bit and I stayed away from the plus size section at the store - I tried on a bunch of 16's and most of them fit...nothing was amazing, so I didn't buy anything except a green tunic from Forever 21 - never been able to buy anything there before!!
But...my eating habits are turning into complete shite! I think the way to deal with this is to put myself on a schedule/plan for at least a few days. I'm not eating a ton of bad stuff, but little bits of stuff that should be a special treat ALL the time! Here's an example:
Yesterday I worked in the morning, and then was hungry...I stopped at a bakery and got a red velvet cupcake. I had one bite and it wasn't very good, so I didn't have any more. I took myself to a Thai restaurant and ordered two appetizers...crispy shrimp and grilled beef. Then I walked by a sweets place that is supposed to be amazing...Milk Bar. I got some stuff to take to a friend's house later, and had a little package of cake truffles for me...just three, nothing crazy, but why? Then I had a small frozen yogurt. Went to my friend's, had a bite of pie, a bit of this cookie, a bite of this cookie...five tortilla chips and a teaspoon of guac...7 pasta spirals and salsa...a late "dinner" of 1/2 a mini crab cake and a few bites of potato and a slice of eggplant...
Today I had a slice of pizza, four cookies, a handful of crackers, a mini bag of chips...crap, crap, crap!!!
I have a dr's appointment soon, next weekend, i think...I will ask for advice, maybe a small fill...but I think what it comes down to is I need to buckle down. I need to make good choices and make preparations...E roasted some chicken this morning while I went to work (that's right, I worked last weekend and this weekend;)) and I will try my best to do well eating wise...
I will welcome advise or tips on how to make better choices.


I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I think all of us go through poor eating stages at some point. Isn't that how we all got here? I would try to concentrate on good protein and fruits and veggies. It is okay to have a treat now and again..maybe you could choose one day a week to treat yourself? Good luck Yana!
ReplyDeleteOh Yana, I just went through 3 1/2 weeks of making poor choices during the funerals of my dad and brother-in-law. I feel your pain honey. Yesterday I woke up and just started counting calories and tracking everything. Its not something I want to do on a long-term basis but I know for me, it works. I am going to the doc tomorrow for a fill and hopefully that will also help.
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting yourself back on track...I know you can do it!
Can you call the practice and see if they will see you earlier to help get you a fill? Couldn't hurt...
ReplyDeleteYana - the whole point of the band is that it doesn't have to be this tough. You've only been banded for a few months, and you haven't reached the optimum fill - that's all. Don't worry, get a fill and most of the carbs you mention will have to be a thing of the past whether you like it or not.
ReplyDeleteAbove all, DON'T feel that you should be able to put in more of yourself to make it work. The guilt when you can't do it takes you back to 'the bad old days', and this is where the band helps you to leave all this behind. Lots of luck.
Caroline
Yup-i second Caroline. Part of the problem is you are hungry-when I have a good fill food really doesn't plague me. Now...also...you have to start with good choices too...protein first then goodies if there is room. If you do that and have a good fill you are usually not feeling the urge to have the goodies.
ReplyDeleteI have to say a couple of times you maybe should have made better choices but its not like you had a whole ton of anything that bad. I applaud you the cupcake thing. I don't think I could do that even now!! :)
Tina
Hi Yana - The good news is that in my opinion you know the challenge - not the best food choices. I think a schedule/plan is a great idea to get you back on track. One thing I noticed - are you eating breakfast? I found that not only did it help me all day long, but that I also lost MORE weight when I was having breakfast. Another thing to consider - Plan 3 meals (bandster size, good choices, etc.) AND 3 snacks. The snacks are there only if you need them, but if you do, you have them planned as well. (tip for snacks: ask yourself - are you really hungry? many times I found out that I was really thirsty or I didn't want my healthy snack (such as a few almonds) but crap - HEAD HUNGER ALERT - aka emotional eating). You have done great. Try not to beat yourself up (easier said that done) and treat tomorrow as a new day.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Fluffy
Hi Yana - all good suggestions here. I notice a BIG difference in my weight loss when I eat food I make at home rather than going out. I know that's especially tough in New York City, but it's do-able.
ReplyDeleteThe more you can eat at home (or food you've prepared at home), the better your weight loss will be. That has definitely made a difference for me.
YOu know what, I think almost everyone has been in a funk the last 2-3 wks. I JUST got myself straightened out like 4 days ago! finally back on track, focused on good quality of food. So you too will survive and get back to focusing on the right things!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Yana...sorry to hear ou are struggling a bit. I think that for me I try to make thebest choices possible as I eat so little compared to preband. I also try and take leftovers for work and have one serve of fruit and vegies a day. Even if I am not hungry I like to have something small for breakfast to set me up for the day. Seriously I would try to avoid the eat out food and take your own and get in for a fill asap. Hope something here helps
ReplyDelete