Hello ladies: So, I am thinking about getting a "sparrow's fart" of an unfill...It wasn't until my latest fill that I started to get issues with acid reflux/GERD/waking up in the middle of the night with the feeling of a puddle of bile in my mouth and a burning in my belly for the next two days...it's resolved since I stopped STRICTLY eating or taking pills before bed, but I've even been scared to drink water...last night was SOOOO hot and E was SOOOOO sick, so we couldn't have AC. I was dying! I was so thirsty, but I was scared. I finally drank a tall glass of ice water very slowly and forced myself to stay propped up on the couch for the next hour before I laid down - I don't want to do that!
Also, I've noticed that this last fill has caused me to drink water very slowly. And I have basically stopped drinking water. This is terrible, and I keep meaning to resolve this, but it hasn't happened.
More since the last fill: I get burps. And hiccups. I can still eat - I've done most of a slice of pizza. I often have the issue that the first bite or two will get me stuck, I have to wait about 20 minutes, then when everyone is done eating and the food is cold, I can finally begin. I still get hungry and look for food, although since I've been trying to eat more protein the last few days, this is better.
FINALLY: major sliders.. Lots of chips and chocolate. No weight loss. I mean, I lost some right after my last fill, but I think that was based on the post fill diet and then my sinus infection where I didn't want to eat anything. The last two weeks have been gaining. And bad eating.
What do you guys think, get a teeny unfill? And then maybe I will actually eat better?
Tuesday eats: I popped a low carb slim fast to sip on during my way to work...didn't get very far in it. Mornings are usually slow with drinks, and it's got the chalky business...better than many other low carb protein shakes, but def. sub-optimal.
Went to lunch at a Turkish place. Three bites bread, yogurt/walnut/garlic dip - YUM!, eggplant salad, two bites lamb gyro, one piece chicken kebab, few bites rice. Had a few more bites of this a few hours later in the afternoon. Oh, and a few bites of shepard's salad with cheese.
Dinner was a crab cake. A cracker and a few slices of salami. A cup of perfect, tiny local strawberries a few hours later.
And I probably had about 4 little chocolate candies during the day.
Wednesday eats:
Half a small Activia yogurt. Half a chocolate milk.
Chai latte w whipped cream - terrible, I know!!! I will start making my own chai lattes with milk and Splenda. I've done it, it's great, have to get the tea and make it happen.
Sushi order - 6 tiny shrimp dumplings. Gave away the udon noodles I ordered - what was I thinking? Half the tempura that came with the udon - 2 shrimp and 2 pieces sweet potato.
About 4 boiled shrimp before I went home.
Dinner was one cracker and some salami.
Thursday am: I am down to 226. This is good. I SOOOOOO don't drink enough water. MUST work on that today. Will continue to eat real food, avoid snicky snackies.


Honestly, I don't think you are too tight. If you can eat bread and rice and are getting food down, then I think you are fine. I think you may need to just work on making good choices. And you really may need to look at only eating when you are hungry. Don't snack unless you really need it.
ReplyDeleteYou will also need to work at sipping water all day.
Good luck!
I'm with Anna-its now time to do what you need to do and skip the bad snacks and drink water instead. Or if you really need food pick protein and not bready.
ReplyDeleteThis is the hard part now but you can do it!
Now having said that-every one has a different tightness threshold just make sure that if you unfill that you aren't really acting out of a desire to have more or go back to bad habits. I have caught myself a few times sliding down that path. Our brains are tricky beasts in convincing us to keep the old comfy way of life.
In the end it is up to you-if you really think you will eat better go for a little unfill. If you think it is a trap-tough it out and make some habit changes.
Tina
That's a tough one Yana. I agree with Anna & Tina that if bread is going down easily you're not super tight. Talk to you Dr. about getting a prescription for Nexium (or similar), I take it daily b/c I have a little reflux. Once they decided I was OK with it they just said I may always have a bit.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your decsion.