I woke up this morning at 5 am with a super sharp pain in my chest - right where I think my esophagus is. I was up for a while, then a few hours later tried to nibble a cracker...came right back up.
I had a Dr.'s appointment today, so I went in to see Dr. K. She heard me say hello, and asked if I had night cough. I do, and I told her what else was going on. I was planning to ask her about her opinion of an unfill, but she didn't even wait for me to that - she told me we were taking out .2 ccs, bringing me to a total of 7.8 cc's.
I feel better already! I felt like there was a constant pressure in my chest, I was sliming, I was getting heartburn, and I was eating a lot of slider foods because I was hungry but couldn't eat good protein. I'm going to see what happens.
She did point out that while the band helps, it isn't great to count on the band to lose weight, just to use it as a tool. The same thing we've all heard...
I know this is a bit against what a lot of us think when we get the band, but I will second what I've heard some bandsters say, it's ok to be hungry or choose not to eat even though we can. That's how we lose weight. I don't want to diet in the sense of only eating diet food and counting every drop...but when I look at people that are "naturally thin" most of them do make choices...they will have a cheeseburger, but then they will have yogurt. It's ok not to be able exactly what you want whenever you want. As long as you can have some of what you want some of the time, and good stuff most of the time. And still lose weight. The key is not to feel deprived vs. always satisfied that you have eaten exactly whatever you want, I think.
Dr. said my weight was down more, although according to my scale I was 226 this am.
Friday I had a chocolate egg cream. a quarter of a corned beef sandwich for lunch and another quarter for dinner. A few bites of sweet potato knish. A watermelon/ice blend, 1/3 of a cup. 1.2 a small pineapple shaved ice. Few bites of salad. 1/3 of an ice cream sandwich. I had a very hard time with the meat, but I wanted protein...I was not in a situation where there were a lot of other choices. I had a bit of bread crust too, but mostly the meat. It was really hard to get down, even though I chewed it to death!!
Thursday was leftover grilled chicken and yogurt sauce with a little bit of rice. Salami and one cracker. breaded mushrooms. 2/3 ice cream sandwich.
After the unfill I had a chai latter, then came home and ate a serving of mushroom ravioli with a little cheese. A little protein from the cheese, but mostly feeding a craving I've had for over a week. Just a serving. And had about 1/3 of a corned beef sandwich from yesterday for dinner. Might have some strawberries later. I feel SOOOOO much better!!! And drinking tons of iced tea - i realized I've been dehydrated for weeks!


Thank goodness you have relief.. we really have to be careful when the band is tight.. my doc said that is when the whole band erosion issues pop up.. The other key thing that he told me is the "take 20 minutes" to eat.. if I am consuming my entire meal in 5 minutes, then I am eating too fast.. and I have found I do eat fast when I step back and do a critical self exam.. be well Yana .. hope you have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteGlad that you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling better. I find when I am too tight to find a good protein. And then I am hungry like you said and it becomes a vicious cycle. Hope this little unfill helps.
ReplyDeleteso happy that you're feeling better. unfills do kinda suck though. so sorry you had to resort to that. i've always found it kinda embarassing to admit that i let the doc fill me too tight. don't know why, just do.
ReplyDeletekeep up the great work though. i'm sure this will help you lose weight since you can get more protein in and feel more full.