Saturday, June 12, 2010

Back on track

I went and saw Dr. K yesterday...it took my entire morning and I saw her for about two minutes - this is my only complaint, she is sooooo busy...but I told her about my bad reaction with my antibiotic pill a few weeks ago and how I've had a few bouts of acid reflux since then...that I've figured out I just can't eat or drink before bed, and I think I am back on track.

She told me to take Prilosec every afternoon for a month, just to make sure everything stays settled. Not to take big pills, especially Zipack, which can be very harsh, but crush or get a liquid. I had lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks, so we didn't do a fill. I have an appointment in two weeks, so we'll see, maybe I'll want/need one then.

Meanwhile, yesterday I had a few bites of pasta and three shrimp for breakfast, a chai latte from starbucks, a sliver of waffle torte for my coworker's birthday, and three bites of un-yummy authentic Chinese food for dinner. I like chicken and broccoli, what can I say?

This morning I am at my all time low of 224.5 lbs. Back where I started from...that was an annoying bounce...I will see what this weekend brings...I'm going to a party this afternoon at E's friends' place to watch the US/England World Cup game, and there will be a BBQ and they are foodie people - so there is always amazing stuff there. I'll try to keep it healthy.

I was supposed to work this morning but I canceled the appointment and rescheduled for next week. Just need a day off - working tomorrow. So I'm eating some beans and an egg and maybe a few tortilla chips for breakfast, off to visit friends and see their baby, and then soccer! Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Yana! I just wanted to thank you for the *awesome* package that you sent with all the great stuff! It was waiting for me when we got back from Peru and was say more than i expected. Very very cool of you. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yana - glad you're feeling back on track. I take nexium everyday, I don't get night reflux, but I do get it so after we made sure everything was OK with my band, my Dr. just decided I may get reflux and it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are back on the "band wagon". Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear you're out of your rut. hope things continue looking up for you. spiffy new layout by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take Prilosec every day. I'm hoping as I lose more weight I won't need it. Hope you had fun at your parties! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prilosec twice a day here! My stomach is a freakin' wreck! I also ask for liquid antibiotics whenever I can -- learned the hard way with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it is ok and you are losing...like the new look blog.

    ReplyDelete