Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sisterhood! Lend me your ears.

I ain't too proud to beg - sisters, are you looking through your summer stuff and finding stuff that is too big or too formal? ...I'm running really low on clothes...I've been trying to shop, and it's been really frustrating! I am kinda overwhelmed - it's easy to be limited by the plus size department, but I am at the point where I can wear size 16s, although some are too tight...I bought a pair of 16W shorts at the resale shop today, but they are kinda lose - I wouldn't have gotten them if they were new ($89.00!, the original tags were there - i paid $15), so I think I am a 14W or a regular 16. Woo hoo!!! My body is totally changing, although my weight, not soo much!

I spent quite a bit of $ on new bras, because the girls need to be properly supported. I went to several places, got fitted twice, and have a few new boulder holders in size 38D/DD.

I've mailed out  boxes of stuff to the sisterhood, brought things to the resale shop, and the rest to Goodwill. I pulled out the stuff I had stored at my mom's (would you believe that about a year before I had surgery, I decided I would just be fat for life, so I get rid of almost all of my small clothes! Thank the gods I didn't get to all of it!!) and made some room in my closet - I've been slowly trying to shop and find some stuff, so I have black pants, lots of those - they are critical, aren't they? - but now with the crazy heat, I need more stuff...

Dresses that work for work or even for hanging out, because they are easiest. Also work clothes that work in the heat. Shorts, if anyone has some that aren't denim. I'm hoping you all might be able to help a girl out, because I would rather not buy stuff that will only be for these next few months!

I'm apple rather than pear. I'm short, so I can always hem. If you have stuff that works for me, please let me know - I can reimburse for shipping, cause I know it's expensive!

5 comments:

  1. Yana, thx for the BCP advice.. I agree, I can't take the risk right now starting a new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Ross or TJ Maxx where you are? They always have cute stuff for way cheap. Wish I had something to send you but I believe I'm still 18/20's right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could help you. I lost 50 but am just now starting to get into 16's. I have been taking my 18's and 20's in at the waist. I don't sew but my friend does and she just does a couple stiches to make it smaller. No sense buying new stuff now when you won't be this weight forever. Just a thought.

    I would love some support on my blog at bandedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have size 20 to give away. You are just too small for these, get that too small, nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There!

    I am new to blogger, but would love to join a clothes-swap. I understand you might be exclusive, but was wondering about how to join? I don't have a lot to offer...except for some 22s-24s. I would love to get my hands on some 20s....

    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete