Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu blathering.

OK, I've figured out two things.

1. The honeymoon is over. I've lost over 50 lbs in the first six months after surgery. I did it eating mostly exactly what I wanted, including desserts and snacky foods and doing minimal exercise. I'm going to have to start thinking about what I eat more and I am going to have to start exercising. No matter how much I can excuse and bitch and moan about time and ...

2. I think that posting all my food will be motivating for me. So, for those of you that missed it, here it goes!!!
I'm not pleased. I think I need to start with protein in the morning. And def. more water!!!
Bought a Vitamin Water, eggs, swiss and tomato on wheat toast, a small bag of potato chips and a mini bag of cheezits. I drank the water over the course of the day, the only water I drank. Bad!
I ate the chips for breakfast on the train.
I started eating the eggs at work, had three bites and got stuck. No bread.
Ate the cheezits as a snack. Got stuck.
Had a lentil soup and chicken kebab for lunch. Had a few french fries, but really only a few. I was fine with those.
Had two chocolate candies.
Had Chinese: hunan chicken and veggies with a little white rice and half an egg roll wrapper. About 1/3 of a portion.
Bite of napoleon pastry and berry trifle with lemon curd. Not just a bite.

3 comments:

  1. I'm only a month out from banding so I'm not any help in regards to food. I'm still on purees. :)

    Looking at the big picture, you have lost an avg. of 8.33 lbs. a month which is not too shabby. If you keep that up...just think where you will be another six months from now. Just keep your eye on the big picture! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally impressed you can still eat Chinese food. I can't get it down any longer... gives me so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheezits are hell with my band. I was off chinese for a while but just got it back (I think I learned to chew better)...What kind of eggs did you eat? boiled? not sure if i could eat one straight up. There has to be something protein rich you can eat for breakfast on the road....protein bar?..cheese? I could use a list myself as that's all I can come up with.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete