Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I really didn't win, although I kinda didn't lose: In which I consider accepting being called pregnant to get out of a ticket...

Bulletpoints are all I have time/energy for:

1. I am actively looking for a new place to go during the day that pays me. I had one date last week with 2 senior people and have a follow up date scheduled this week. And I only have one nice suit that fits. It's an industry, and my potential, somewhat senior and rainmaking position with in, that depends on me looking "appropriate". So I went to two stores in BK to look for something and found fuck all. The size 16 jackets were all too tight - they buttoned fine, but looked terrible. Didn't even try on pants. I was told my two clerks that they do not carry plus sizes. Then I got a ticket for driving without a ticket. As I sat in the car waiting for him to write me up, I looked down at my dress and saw it looked like a prego pooch. And I pooched it out even more, and sat there, rubbing it, thinking, man, I'm still so fat! I've lost 65-60 lbs, and I am still so fat. And I am not even pregnant. Nor do I have any hope of being so in the near future...as the cop came back, me must have noticed the pooch. He gave me the ticket, got back in his car.

I was so exhausted, worn down and disgusted with myself for not being able to get a suit and getting a stupid ticket for driving without a seatbelt - really? I couldn't put it on? that I started crying in my car. just sobbing.
So the copy pulls up and asks me if I am pregnant! And I am sobbing and gulping tears and snot (I HAVE NEVER CRIED TO GET OUT OF TICKET IN MY LIFE) nodded. I nodded, reader! I let him think I was preggo, so I could get out of a parking ticket!
But it is not so easy grasshoppers. He told me he felt bad, wouldn't have given me the ticket if he knew I was pregnant, told me to come to court and he would be there and make sure I didn't have to pay the ticket. So am I now going to take a day off from work to do that? Carry one pooching my guy out? WHICH is worse!!??

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez..."one of those days"!
    Have some soup, take a nap and wake up to a whole new day!
    Make sure you know the correct due date...HAHAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Yana.. this is one for the story board. Screw what they think wear what ever makes the belly work to get out of the ticket.. and put that money towards the suit you need..

    ReplyDelete